Wednesday, June 24, 2015

LA DIETA MENTAL: INTERVIEW WITH LAURA POSADA


Bleeding Yankee Blue loves the Posada Family. And as our regular readers know, we've had a few conversations with Jorge and Laura in the past. I had the opportunity to speak with Jorge at the Joe Torre Safe at Home Gala (HERE), and Casey has done a number of interviews with Laura. So it's pretty safe to say that the Posada Family is kind of a big deal around here.

Almost three weeks ago, Laura's new book "La Dieta Mental: Tu Clave Para Ser Feliz" was released. La Dieta Mental, The Mental Diet, it says:


"It is my greatest desire that your souls shine with your own light, that your hearts begin to smile again, and if they are already smiling, that they continue to do so eternally.
This book is from you and for you. 
My beloved warriors."

I had the opportunity to converse with Laura about the book. Laura was very down to earth, and I cannot express just how much I appreciate that she took the time to do this for us. 

BYB: La Dieta Mental was just released. Can you tell us a little about what inspired it?

Laura: I was actually inspired by the author Paulo Coelho, who is my favorite author. I was reading that he was on a diet of negative thoughts, toxic people and everything that was inconvenient for him. And I started thinking about that, and it's true. We're always paying attention to our bodies, and what we look like, and we don't pay too much attention to our surroundings, and our thoughts can effect us.   


BYB: I know you are a Certified Master Life Coach, and the book focuses on encouraging and empowering women. Why is this important to you?

Laura: I think it's important because we have so many TV shows were women are attacking each other, competing with each other, backstabbing each other, and I really don't like that. I didn't grow up like that. I had amazing role models to look up to. They motivated me, and inspired me. And now that I'm an adult, I think if I could make a difference, and I can help women to be happy, to enjoy their lives, and to move forward with their goals and their plans, than that's what I want to do. 


BYB: La Dieta Mental discusses taking charge of your own happiness. What do you find is the most difficult obstacle people must face in order to do this?

Laura: I think the most important thing is that people are paralyzed by fear. From the time we were born, by our parents trying to protect us, they actually create fears in us. For example they say "No cores que the vas a caer." "Don't run because you're going to fall." They create these fears in you. Then when you're an adult, you let these fears take over. And sometimes you have ideas, or you have goals, and things that you want to do, but you're afraid to try. And that's the biggest thing. Sometimes our goals, our dreams, you have them in your mind, and they end up dying there too. You don't even attempt to do it, because of fear. 

BYB: As a Girl Scout Leader, I see a lot of young ladies who begin to doubt themselves at a very young age. It's troubling for me. I know your book is written for an older audience, but what bit of advice would you give these young ladies?

Laura: I think the book is important for everybody. The earlier you understand, and recognize your fears and the limitations you set on yourself... the earlier the better. And it's very important, just like you worry about your physical beauty, to worry about your mind, because whatever you want to do, you cannot accomplish unless you are in control of your mind and your thoughts. As young girls you need to recognize the areas where you are strong, but also the areas where you are weak, so you can surround yourself by people who are going to help you, and who are going to make you stronger, and who are going to make you feel better about yourself. 

BYB: You are a woman of many talents. Lawyer, philanthropist, Master Life Coach, wife and above all, mother. How do you manage to balance it all?

Laura: Like I always tell people, you need to have your priorities straight. There is a time in life for everything. I haven't been able to do all these things at once. I graduated college at 17. I graduated from law school at 21. And then life happened, and I've had to change my priorities and adjust. When my son was having surgeries, it was very important for me to focus on that. Now that my kids are older, and I have raised them, and I feel like they are strong and more independent, I can go ahead and do other things. 

But for people who have to do a lot of things at once, like I have to do, the most important thing is to be organized. Dedicate yourself to the task that you are doing at the time. As women we're proud to say we're multi-tasking. I do multi-task, but I do it in a different way. I don't do 20 things at once. If I am talking to you, I am completely focused on the conversation. I'm not checking email, or working out. That doesn't work, and if you try to do that, you won't get things done right. So even if you have to wake up a little earlier, or take some time to plan ahead your week... multi-task, but do it while focusing on one thing at a time. 

BYB: Let's talk about social media for a minute. On Facebook, about two or three months ago, you did a live chat. Personally, I loved it! Are there any more coming that we can look forward to? 

Laura: Yea. I loved talking to the people. I love hearing what they have to say. I think when you talk to the people that follow you, you really learn about them, what their needs are, what they're interested in, and I also learn from them. For me, that is really important. I haven't been able to do it lately because of the book, but I think maybe when this whole thing calms down I can do it again. I think that people enjoyed it, and I certainly enjoyed it. 

BYB: You've done Clap for Change and you're now doing #40isthenew20. Aside from the new book, what's next for you?

Laura: Right now, for this year, I'm going to focus on these two things. I have a number of activities and commitments. And then we'll see what happens. I think "La Dieta Mental" is something really special, because in the book, I cover ten cases of ten different women. In every woman there is a story that needs to be told. There are 20,000 other women that can relate to our stories, and that can learn from them. So, I'm already thinking about future cases. I'm thinking about future Hall of Famers for the book, and I'm super excited. 

BYB: I know you're touring for your book now. How can we learn about tour dates and locations? 

Laura: June 25th I'll be doing my book presentation in Puerto Rico. My plan is to do New York August or September. Then in October I'll be in Guatemala giving a conference with sixteen hundred women, and presenting my book. And in December I'm going to the book fair in Mexico. 


BYB: We know that you read Bleeding Yankee Blue, and you have been a huge supporter for us. We know that you have a busy schedule, but would you consider doing a guest post for us some day?

Laura: Yea! Sure!

Yes, Bleeding Yankee Blue readers, Laura said she'd do a guest post for us. I cannot tell you how happy that made me. Honestly speaking, I really enjoyed being able to do this interview. Laura is an incredible person, and role model, and is someone I have admired for some time. 

Laura, I want to thank you again for being so kind, and for taking the time to speak with me. You truly are a genuine soul and I appreciate that more than words can express. You will be happy to hear that since this conversation, I have been able to finish the book. 

For those who would like to read the book, but do not read Spanish, don't fret! Laura is in the process of translating the book to English. It's coming! 



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804


  


LAURAPOSADA.COM


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017