Thursday, April 2, 2015

WARREN NAMED FIFTH STARTER. IT'S ABOUT TIME!


It was a no-brainer, but after waiting for weeks the Yankees have FINALLY named Adam Warren the fifth starting pitcher. It is nice to finally have the official announcement because we have watched him for weeks now and he out-pitched everyone. After his start against the Rays I was anxiously waiting for Joe Girardi to just come out and make the announcement!

Warren out-pitched everyone this spring. He made four starts and pitched 13 innings and he looked like he was in control. He pitched more than any other pitcher in camp and he performed. It is nice to see how much he has grown over the years and the Yankees are FINALLY starting to notice. All of the potential I saw in him is finally getting him the recognition he deserves. I like that the Yankees are finally giving him his shot.


I remember when Warren made his major league debut back in 2012. I was on vacation back home in New York. I was at my aunt's house watching the game on TV. It was the day before I was going to actually see a game at the stadium and the Yankees called Warren up for a spot start. The Warren I watched on TV that day is not the same Warren we have seen at Spring Training. He had a disastrous 2 innings where he gave up 6 runs. It wasn't pretty. He wasn't locating pitches and he looked very uncomfortable. I remember my uncle laughing about it. He was convinced that Warren was going to be a failed project.


I am glad to see the Yankees making a decision on Warren, finally. I have been worried that Warren was going to suffer a similar fate to Joba Chamberlain because Warren has been juggled from starter to bullpen job last year. I have always been worried that the Yankees would not realize his true potential until they finally picked a path and let him prove what he could do. It is unfortunate that his opportunity has come after the injury to Chris Capuano, but now that the Yankees have finally been able to focus on him I think they see what I have always seen in Warren.

I am happy that Warren has finally been given this opportunity. I know that no matter what role he plays on this team he would be happy to contribute, but I have been waiting for him to get his spotlight to shine. It looks like the Yankees finally know that our future really is with the kids.



 
 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ  



 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017