Wednesday, April 8, 2015

THE COMEBACK


I was listening to the game on the radio tonight.  It's something I do from time to time.  Sometimes I just don't want on watch TV.  And so, I'll listen to the game.

But then, in the bottom of the 8th, for some reason, I turned it on YES.  I wanted to see Didi Gregorius bat for some reason.  He was replaced by Chris Young. I guess Joe wanted to change it up a bit.


And with the Yankees down 3-1, Young from the jump knew he wanted to get on base.  I Tweeted it because after his bloop hit passed second, it was clear, he had his eye on the prize:
And to me, it was that moment alone that changed the entire complexion of the game.  The Blue Jays were suddenly on their heels. It was all of a sudden a different ball game.


Before you knew it, Brett Cecil comes in and can't get it together, even though it was clear, the Blue Jays wanted their closer to shut the door on the Yanks.  But it didn't work, and the Yankees, who did nothing spectacular by the way, just beat the Blue Jays on hit by pitches and capitalizing on mistakes.  The one that put us in the lead was an infield hit by Chase Headley.  Sometimes you need a win like that.


Throughout the game the Yankees offense was silent.  Michael Pineda however pitched real well. 6 innings. He allowed 6 hits and 2 runs. He struck out 6.  Dellin Betances gave up 2 walks and the other run.  Once the Yanks took the lead... Andrew Miller shut the door and got a save, his first of the season.

Coming back from 3-1 to beat a division rival 4-3... I'll take that any day of the week.

Final: Yankees 4 - Blue Jays 3

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017