Wednesday, January 21, 2015

JOHN STERLING'S HOME ENGULFED IN FLAMES


Send a prayer John Sterling's way.  Tonight word is that his home, in an apartment  in a luxury complex in Edgewater, NJ was engulfed in flames and being battled by firefighters.

I knew there was commotion in Edgewater today, but I wasn't exactly sure what was going on.  Then came word from Michael Kay on Twitter just a short time ago:


When I read about it, my heart sang.  I hope there are no deaths in that fire and I hope everyone is safe.  According to the Daily Mail:


"Hampered by winds and frigid temperatures, firefighters battled a huge fire Wednesday night at a New Jersey apartment complex home to Yankees announcer John Sterling and many others. 

The enormous fire has sent flames sky high and left smoke visible from New York City across the Hudson River.

There were no initial reports of injuries in the blaze that broke out around 4:30 p.m. at The Avalon at Edgewater in the city of Edgewater, about 10 miles north of New York City."

Sterling told the New York Daily News:

"Maybe I’ll get lucky and there won’t be that much damage... I was wondering what I was going to do for clothes... But then I started thinking about all the stuff, all the memories, whether it be music, books, and a lot of other stuff. " 

Again... send prayers John's way.  What a terrible thing to happen.

In closing, I just want you all to read what Kay wrote last about John tonight...

Yup, we're a family... a Yankee family and when things go south, when there's tragedy, whether we know the people personally or not, we circle the wagons and give support and love. 

In the end, that's what it's all about isn't it?

Thanks for the updates Michael Kay.

 Be Read. Get Known.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYaneeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017