Wednesday, November 5, 2014

CLARITY IN THE BRAD HALSEY DEATH


I just wanted to keep you all posted into what happened to former Yankee pitcher Brad Halsey.  It turns out his death is attributed to a climbing accident.

According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today:

"...Halsey died Friday in a recreational climbing accident near his New Braunfels, Texas home, according to a person close to Halsey's family.  The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because details of Halsey's death have not yet been made public.​.."

This makes it more devastating.


I also want to apologize if it appeared that I personally was taking a more destructive tone in BRAD HALSEY IS DEAD earlier today when I wrote the following line: "The cause of death is not known at this point, but the dude was 33... you gotta be alittle concerned here." 

People suggested I was hinting toward drugs or something self inflicted.  I didn't mean to steer you that way. Truth is, I didn't know at the time, and the line was meant to just say, "Hey, he's young, this is sad."  I apologize if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to insinuate anything by it, trust me.

Truth be told, I feel awful that this happened to this young man and his family.  It's terrible news and I feel for the Halsey family right now.

Just wanted to update my BYB audience on what we found out.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, was not offended in the least. Thanks for notifying us early yesterday. I completely agree that it's tragic, especially at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017