Friday, June 13, 2014

WELL, RING MY BELL


You know, when Heath Bell opted out of his minor league contract with the Orioles last week, he crossed my mind as someone the Yankees would possibly go after to bolster their pen a bit.  Then I realized that I was being ridiculous because the Yankees needed hitting and run scoring, not a pen guy. Our pen has been solid.   Then I read that the Yankees just signed Heath Bell to a minor league deal and I thought, "I have no freaking idea why they did that... but bring it on! Why not? The more the merrier!"

According to Chad Jennings of LoHud, it's a minor league deal and he is to report to Scranton Wilkes-Barre:


But did you catch that Tweet? In a corresponding move, they moved Mark Montgomery to Double A.


I don't like that move one bit.  In fact, this is what Yankeeland and BYB have been talking about for a long time, and it's incredibly frustrating. We prepare these Yankee kids to make it to the Bigs, but the moment a veteran becomes available, they do something drastic like dump a kid, move them or demote them. Why? 


Now, this move to put down Montgomery may only be temporary, but it bothers the hell out of me. I mean, how much can Heath Bell possibly have in the tank? I liked Bell 4 years ago... not so much now, I don't think at least. Well, I guess this is how we find out what he's got.

Anyway, welcome Heath, sorry Mark and Let's go Yanks!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017