Friday, June 13, 2014

CURTIS GRANDERSON IS STILL OK WITH ME!

Here's a great story about Curtis Granderson from a former BYB writer and friend, Will Cohen. Will was literally one of our first writers here at BYB. I'm happy to say we still stay in touch and Will has gone on to be successful in his life. He wanted to share this with the BYB audience. I'm glad he did... enjoy this...


The other day while at Six Flags Great Adventure, I caught a familiar face in the corner of my eye. I took a second look and realized it was our old bud Curtis Granderson. Granderson had a mob of security guards surrounding his girlfriend and him as he entered the Superman roller coaster. I decided to wait by the exit for him to come out. I was only waiting for about 10 minutes because he came prepared with his Flash Pass to skip all of the lines. When he emerged from the exit tunnel, I immediately approached him. He was trying to walk away quickly when I yelled: "Curtis"! 

He turned around and acknowledged me. This cemented all of the positive thoughts I had about him during his time in the Bronx. Although there are many knocks against him as a ballplayer, he couldn't have been a nicer guy.  Even though he made the switch over to Flushing, I don't blame him. The Yankees didn't seem to want him back desperately enough, and he took a nice deal with the Mets.


Granderson was never known as an average guy, but he did in fact blast over 40 home runs in 2011 and 2012 with the Yankees. I don't see him touching the 40 mark with Citi Field's outfield as deep as it is, but 30 home runs is reasonable. 

Anyway... after shaking Curtis's hand, I asked if it was okay if we took a picture together. He agreed! 
Here it is:


I appreciate Curtis's time in the Bronx, and wish him luck with the Mets. He went out of his way to please a fan, which I'll never forget. 

Thank you Curtis.



--Will Cohen, BYB Contributer






You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017