Thursday, May 8, 2014

YANKEES TAKE THE SERIES IN LA!


You know that scene during "The Sandlot," where Porter utters the famous line?


Yea! That's about exactly how I feel about night games on the West Coast. Okay, maybe Porter said that several times during the movie. To be fair, I'm pretty sure I did too tonight. I have a theory about these West Coast night games being cruel, and unusual punishment for us East Coast fans, but it gets a little complicated, and I will just leave it at, I'm not a fan of these games. But I know our West Coat friends enjoy them. At least they get to see the games. I'm still a little bit cranky.


The first inning was a little bit like watching The Three Stooges. The Angels defense was a little bit all over the place. Hector Santiago started off very shaky.  To be fair, he hasn't done very well this season. By the second inning, Santiago gave up six runs, including Derek Jeter's first homer of the season. Overall, the Yankees bats were alive tonight, in a way that I can get used to.


Vidal Nuno pitched 4/1 innings giving up 1 run.  Dellin Betances gave a little away in the 8th, but for the most part, this is how I like to see the team play ball. I just wish it hadn't been 1 in the morning when the game ended! GEESH!


Final: Yankees 9 - Angels 2





--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804

 
 


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017