Tuesday, March 18, 2014

BIG MCCANN LAUGHES OFF LITTLE MARTIN


Well, Brian McCann just impressed me more today than he did yesterday.  Look, I loved the Brian McCann deal and many of us do in Yankeeland, despite what Russell Martin thinks of it.  Truth be told, no one cares what Russell Martin thinks anymore anyway, but he made headlines yesterday calling the Yankees signing of McCann an "expensive mistake" and while he's entitled to his opinions, he sounds like a blabbering idiot. 

Read RUSSELL MARTIN SOUNDS LIKE ONE PATHETIC LOSER. That's my opinion.

Now Brian McCann could have handled it 2 ways;  He could have held a grudge, like I tend to do, or just ignore it and prove to Martin, the Yankees, the fans and himself that words don't matter.. actions do.

The Star Ledger had the response from McCann on the Martin situation.  Here's  that story from Brendan Kuty:

"Brian McCann stood in the hallway outside the home clubhouse at George M. Steinbrenner Field. Then he shook his head a little and shrugged. 

"I got nothing," McCann said.

...McCann declined further comment before lightly jogging toward the trainer's room hours prior to the Yankees' home matchup with the Red Sox."


That's a freaking man.  That statement spoke volumes because it wasn't a statement at all.  In other words, and maybe this is just my Italian passion coming out of me now, Brian's simply suggesting this: "We'll see who's standing at the end sir. I signed in New York because they believed in me and I will help lead this team no matter what.  That's what leaders do."  That's me guessing what my man Mac is thinking right there... see how I did that?

Say no more... McCann stepped up bigger than Martin and we all knew that Martin was irrelevant in this whole scenario here anyway, but we had to bring it to you.  I mean, look, the Yankees have their team, they've clearly moved on, upgrade and chose to move away from from Russell. Russell in turn, sounds like a cry baby.  Could McCann have gone after Martin? Sure he could have... but he didn't. And, I'll tell you something, it was a brilliant move from a future Yankee leader.

Case closed.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017