Thursday, February 6, 2014

THANK YOU


I started reading Bleeding Yankee Blue during my time hosting Major League Baseball’s Fan Cave. As it was a job requirement to appear to be an "all around" baseball fan and not just a Yankee fan, I used BYB as an escape.


It was my time to step away and enjoy the fact that I am simply a New York Yankee fan. Yes, I love the game and it’s history. Sure, I have personal favorites that wear (and have worn) other uniforms and can appreciate a hard fought 9 innings no matter who is playing. But at the end of the day, I Bleed Yankee Blue. The Bronx Bombers have always been more than a baseball team to me. They are a touchstone. They’ve been there throughout my life. In a way, the Yankees are a part of my family. In good times and bad the Yankees have been a constant.


They gave me heroes to look up to, memories of summer days in the Bronx with friends and family, and childhood dreams of playing in The House That Ruth Built that never fade.

Reading Bleeding Yankee Blue gives Yankee fans a well rounded take on their favorite team, but can also keep the most die-hard of Red Sox fans entertained. The Blog has, in my opinion, something so many other blogs and publications lack…heart. Casey and the entire staff of writers and contributors offer up personal stories and opinions on what is happening in the Yankee Universe. Reading their post makes you feel like you are talking with a friend, instead of being spoken to by a wannabe Buster Olney. That’s refreshing. That’s what brings people back to read more. That’s what makes them so good.


When I asked to submit posts to the site I was thrilled to have been welcome with open arms. I was excited to have a voice and become a small part of something that I was already such a fan of. And since my very first post on Joba Chamberlain it's been a blast. (Read DEFENDING JOBA.) It truly makes the Yankee baseball season seem year round. The writing doesn’t pull punches. There isn’t any “Company Man/Woman” on the staff. All the writers will take the Yanks to the woodshed if they feel the need and really get the reader engaged and thinking.


This past weekend I learned I would be the recipient of this year’s BEEB Award. It was really icing on the cake of an already outstanding experience. I wanted to say "thank you" to the voters. I appreciate your vote and the fact that you take time out to read my posts. It means a lot to me. Please keep reading and spreading the word about Bleeding Yankee Blue. I want to say thank you to all the writers on the BYB staff. I read every piece you share on the site and really do enjoy them all. It’s been great to get a sense of who you are and what the Yankees mean to you and your families through your writing.

Finally I wanted to give a big thank you and tip of the cap to Casey. I have absolutely loved writing posts for BYB. Thanks for letting me be involved and for all the hard work you do and have done bringing the site to life. I don’t play in The House That Ruth Built, but I do get to write for the Blog That Casey Built…and that’s makes me a lucky Irishman for sure. You are a class act and a heck of a Skipper.

Awards are an honor to receive and I really am honored to have this year’s BEEB.  But you see what the players mean when they say it’s more about what the team does. I am proud to be a part of this club and am looking forward to what the future has in store for everyone at Bleeding Yankee Blue.


Thank you all once again, it really does mean a lot.




--Mike O'Hara, MLB Fan Cave Host, Season 1
   Twitter: @mikeyoh21
"Paulie was always my favorite player."




Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017