Friday, February 7, 2014

DEREK JETER & HIS "COLD SHOWER" DISCIPLINE


The big news out this week is that Derek Jeter broke up with model girlfriend Hannah Davis. I didn't want to write about it.  I didn't care.  Then I thought about it and realized that Derek Jeter has a plan.


Now look, I know practically every female Yankee fan is super thrilled right now, hoping “there’s a chance”, but I see more than a break-up... I see discipline on the part of Derek Sanderson Jeter.  Not sure what I’m talking about? Keep reading…

I watched Raging Bull the other night featuring Academy award winner Robert De Niro playing the role of Jake LaMotta.  Martin Scorsese is a genius, De Niro is amazing and the story, while tragic, is just plain unforgettable. It's brilliantly done.


In it, there's a scene where LaMotta was getting ready for a fight and he was fooling around with his lady, played by . At one point, he stops, walks swiftly to the bathroom and pours ice cold water down his underpants.


The messing around stopped after that. After all, he had a fight the next day. He needed his energy, his strength… he needed the ability to be his best… no distractions.  I was reading ugo.com who had the best description writing, "...he's got to keep a clear head and channel his sexual frustration into a focused energy he can draw from in the ring (or something like that)." And plain and simple, that's how I see our captain... training begins, distractions stop... THE END.


Derek Jeter is a competitor.  Derek Jeter is a New York Yankee with a mentality full of heart and guts and coming off a season of disappointment and only getting on the field 17 times last season. Derek Jeter has a helluva lot to prove. Hell, this could be his last season... think about that! So it makes sense... no mistakes, no problems.


Enter the reports about he and Hannah Davis calling it quits.  The reports were he broke up with her because she was “too big” and he’s a private person.  Too big?  No, she’s TOO HOT maybe, but how insulting to Derek Jeter that they would report she was "too big" for him and he couldn’t handle it. I mean, am I right?  This is Derek Jeter we're talking about.


You don’t get much bigger than him. And while I’m on the subject, I just don’t see Jeter as a girl snob. Sure, he's a Yankee, a stud, and he probably has any women he wants on any given night. Guess what? He's allowed, he's single and he's Derek Jeter.  Yes, we've heard about the signed baseball gift baskets, and no question that if I was as big as him, and single, I’d be doing the same thing… WHAT, THAT’S A GREAT GIFT!  I’m kidding…


The point is, the "break up" story is a story to sell papers and all I'm doing is putting this into perspective for the BYB readers... it's a different take, and I hope that's why you come to us. Look, it's my opinion that Derek Jeter is on a mission and if that mission includes cutting off alittle tail while he proves to everyone he can still play.. so be it.


Look, for me personally, I enjoyed seeing him with Minka Kelly anyway. He seemed real happy.  I mean, I found it interesting that for a guy that was so private, he had a girlfriend in his historic 3000 hit documentary on HBO.


I remember in that piece he got pretty personal saying he wanted to one day be able to show his kids that historic hit and now it was documented on HBO.



Sadly, as a fan, I was assuming his kids were going to be with Minka Kelly because she was part of the documentary.  I guess that's just me being older and seeing the family around me and thinking "Hey, maybe this guys gonna finally settle down." But that ended.   One has to wonder if that flame will ever come back between the two. Hey, maybe once he retires... who knows. I guess I root for him in his personal life too.


Whatever the case, remember this... Derek Jeter isn't being a bad guy for wanting no distractions when it comes to the 2014 season.  He's the kind of player we want... He's determined, hard working and willing to go the extra mile for his team, his fans and himself.  Yup, Hannah Davis is yesterday's news... for now at least. But it's not the end of the world, it's just the beginning of the baseball season.

It's Jeter's cold shower... his pitcher of ice... it's his mission... to be 100% for Yankeeland.  I respect that, I really do.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017