Sunday, December 8, 2013

SABATHIA HAD A HUNCH ABOUT ROBINSON CANO


There's a great nugget from Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger that just came out. Now, before I get started,  let me state that while I was at the same even at Andy and had an easy opportunity to get you something on Robinson Cano from CC  when I met he and Amber, I opted to instead be respectful.  After all, I was at an event for CCandy Clothing,  unassociated with "baseball" if you will and I just couldn't bring myself to conduct an interview about the biggest mad dash in history right then. It would have spoiled the mood. I look back now and I know I did the right thing.  Besides... that's why there are guys like Andy McCullough... he got a nugget, and boy is it a good one.  Something I never knew and something that is totally opposite of what you would think about Robinson Cano and the pinstripes.


According to McCullough: "Sabathia explained the decision surprised him on two levels: He did not expect the Yankees to allow Cano to leave, and he did not expect Cano to actually go. 'Just a player like that, putting on the pinstripes, and being able to play your whole career in New York means something – to me, obviously,' Sabathia said after an event showcasing his wife Amber’s CCandy clothing line at The Mall at Short Hills. 'It didn’t mean that much to him. "


The hunch of course is knowing that it didn't mean much to Cano to be a New York Yankee as compared to someone like CC, or Jeter, etc.  Cano was looking for the money.  That's not Sabathia's words, mine. The Yankees, as it seems were just another team, where as to CC, it's a beautiful thing.  I found it very interesting and now, of course we know CC's probably correct.

Great work  by McCullough getting the line that I was dying to get, but again, out of respect for the Sabathias, and me being a dad more in tune with seeing my kid smile and get an autograph rather than "break some news", I know I did the right thing.  I also know that McCullough did  the right thing, getting us this nugget. Nice job.

 The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017