Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WHEN IT COMES TO TEIXEIRA, WE TOLD YOU SO


A quick note and something I was hearing whiffs of in May. It was revealed today HERE, and then confirmed by Mark Teixeira that he will be shut down for the rest of the season in an effort to repair his wrist in surgery. Recovery is about 6 months.



On May 4th, Bleeding Yankee Blue was bold enough to reveal that we we're sure through our sources that Teixeira would be shut down this season. We wrote then in THE RUMORS I KEEP HEARING ABOUT TEIXEIRA, quote "...this wrist injury is worse than we all thought and I’m not saying “back by the All-Star Break” worse… I’m saying I'm hearing it’s "season ending" worse… like maybe a surgery situation, much like Brett Gardner last year. Shocking? Hey, it wouldn’t surprise me at all..."


You don't need a crystal ball.  You don't need a Yankee press conference... "it's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!"  Sure, quoting Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory makes no sense in this situation, but it's funny on a sad day in Yankeeland.




So what's the bad news? Well, it's that Tex will be out. The good news is Lyle Overbay will fill the void, OR maybe they bring up Corban Joseph again or something. Plus, Mark Teixeira claims to be 100 percent by next season. Sure, that's until the other wrist starts to give him trouble. Sure, I sound negative, but let's be honest, Mark Teixeira has had wrist problems for a while now. Sure, maybe this surgery corrects that, but let's hope the other one doesn't start barking or we'll be doing this all over again next season. Whatever the case, rest up Tex... We'll see you next year!

Gee, I wonder what Brian Cashman would say if Tex tweeted this on his Twitter right now? Probably not "Shut the F--- Up" I suppose... he likes Tex.

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017