Tuesday, June 18, 2013

CLAY RAPADA LIKES ASPARAGUS

This is a silly post, but a post about a fun fact you didn’t know and now you do… thanks to me. You know I get a kick out of Clay Rapada and his food tweets.  If you don’t know… read TWITTER FOOD WAR WITH CLAY RAPADA? NOT SO FAST? and you certainly can be entertained.  

You also know Rapada just signed a minor league deal with the Cleveland Indians, read HERE. You also know that I like the guy, I think he’s cool, I think he’s a talented pitcher and I love  the way he works out there on the mound.  I make it a point to promote this guy, because he deserves to get back up to the major leagues.  There is no question he is not appreciated for the job he does. 


That being said, as you know, Sunday was Father’s Day and standing in front of my grill, I was grilling asparagus, one of my favorite vegetables and a healthy one as well.  Speaking of healthy, that’s all Clay tweets about, good meals but healthy meals to keep him going.  



Sadly, I thought about Clay Rapada at the moment I took a picture of my asparagus.  And I sent it to him.  It was Sunday, there wasn’t a lot going on at the moment… here is that dialog:



Yeah… so there you have it… Clay likes asparagus. Or, as some would say, “Well, how do you know?” Well, if asparagus is “solid”, that means good, doesn’t it? I think it does.  I also know that anyone reading this is saying “Hey Casey, thanks for wasting my time.” Sure, I may have, but there’s one more important nugget to this whole thing… at least I can say no one else this story!

OK Clay, hit me, what do you got? Corn on the cob? Maybe a nice pulled pork sandwich? A salad pizza? Come ON bro.. hit me.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017