Thursday, September 13, 2012

BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE & OUR 2 YEAR PARTY!

2 years and 1 million views later, here we are on Bleeding Yankee Blue's 2nd birthday!  Amazing. Back in September 14, 2010, Casey started BYB as somewhat a hobby, something to do in his spare time because of his passion and love for the New York Yankees. Back then, Bleeding Yankee Blue was only a staff of 1. Then, shortly after, Mikey came aboard and they were trying to figure out the whole thing.  I know because I was one of the first readers to reach out to Casey. Back then it was simple, if it didn't work out, they'd just move on with their lives.

But then something happened, people started reading, like me and we enjoyed the personal opinions of BYB, opinions that other blogs didn't bring to the table.  A blog written by the Yankee fan FOR the Yankee fan. Sounds like it's been done and it has...but not this way.  Being a huge Yankee fan myself and liking what I read, I figured, what the heck and I decided to shoot BYB a note. After chatting about the Yankees, I was asked to come on as a contributor and shortly after, I became the first writer for Bleeding Yankee Blue.  I remember my very first post, WHY DOESN'T CASH LIKE SPENDING CASH?... January 22, 2011.

Although the amount of writing I have done over the past 2 years has fluctuated and I haven't been contributing much recently, I do love both reading and writing for Bleeding Yankee Blue. I really feel that all of us writers like to get our frustrations, wishes, and insight about the Yankees out in writing form, instead of just screaming them at the TV or radio.  It's a great outlet.
(BYB Hit 1 million on September 4th 2012)
2 years feels like a blur, but it really has been fun and Thank God for BYB.  When we first started out, we never really envisioned 1 million views, it seemed crazy at the time, but the BYB staff is tight and we care.  We care about what the readers read, what the readers want and why they might want it.  We know why... because we're you... we're fans too.

This wouldn't be possible without the awesome support we have received from all of you, the readers. There is really not enough thanks we can give you for sticking by us and letting us deliver to you our thoughts through BYB. We're just glad you like it and share it.

Casey asked me to write this because I was the first "official" writer and that in itself and cool, but I feel great to know that I'm still part of the team and that you guys have stuck around for so long.  Thank you and Happy Birthday Bleeding Yankee Blue!

Look for Casey's Birthday piece tomorrow...who knows, he may even include your name!



--Will Cohen, BYB Contributor




Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017