Wednesday, September 12, 2012

AARDSMA, MUSSINA, MESA & THAT'S RIGHT... KATE UPTON


David Aardsma: Will we or won't we see David "The Animal" Aardsma this season?  The other night, the Trenton Thunder beat the Reading Phillies 5-4 to clinch a spot in the Championship Series. In that clinching game, according to the Thunder website HERE, "David Aardsma, on Major League rehab for the Yankees, allowed a run in the seventh on Asche's RBI single but escaped further damage when he induced a double-play ground out from Tug Hulett."  Then in last night's Thunder loss of Game one of the Championship series, Josh Norris of the Trentonian writes: "Aardsma made his third relief with Trenton on Tuesday, and it didn’t go terribly well. The righty... loaded the bases before recording an out in the eighth but recovered with a strikeout and a double play to extricate himself from a huge jam unscathed." (Read HERE). Look, I'm pulling for Aardsma to be called up to the big show... hopefully it's just a matter of time. It's clear though, he's getting the work in.


Mike Mussina: Is Mike Mussina an Oriole or a Yankee?  I'm not stirring trouble, I'm asking.  After all, Mussina has never won a World Championship and he was a great pitcher with both the Orioles and Yankees.  But now, with Orioles actually being good, I became curious and I searched the net, looking for any writers who may have reached out to Mike Mussina right around now, the time when Baltimore and New York are eagerly trying to snag the first place spot in the East.  Well, I found something and you won't believe it. The Baltimore Sun has a piece from August 24th in which they interviewed Mussina.  Smart move by the way, I wonder why our NY guys didn't reach out? Anyway, this is what Mussina said when asked about which team he would choose if he was voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame: “Baltimore people want me to say Baltimore. New York people want me to say New York... When I was here, I loved being here. And there’s nothing else I can say about it. This was the only place I had known for the first 10 years of my career, and it was a great place to play, and it was tough to leave when I had to go." WOW.  So there you go, Mike Mussina appears to be a Baltimore guy at the end of the day.  No matter, I still loved him in the Bronx, but i just thought that nugget was interesting. You can read the Baltimore Sun article HERE.


Melky Mesa: Mesa has been called up the the majors and damn that's exciting.  Mesa has been in the minor leagues for 7 years and Anthony McCarron has a good piece (HERE) where he highlights Mesa's big break. Mesa says of his promotion: "I just feel good... I tried to put everything together to have a good season. I've kept working on making contact and I can see the results. I'm here, part of the team... If they need me, just be ready."  You gotta love the want and the need to make it.  Hopefully we get to see this kid play here and there.  No doubt the Yankees will play their top guys but in that rare moment they need Mesa, hopefully he shines for them!
Kate Upton: Everytime we turn around Kate Upton has another photo shoot.  Let me rephrase...everytime I turn around she does... that's because I look for it.  Upton's an Internet sensation and if I can incorporate that into BYB somehow, someway, I will.  I'd appreciate her re-Tweeting my posts once in a while, that's all I want for BYB's 2nd birthday. 
Anyway, I don't mean to get off track. Upton is now hocking Skull Candy headphones now, as you can see from the big headphones in the pictures. Anyway. If you want to buy them, here's a link to Amazon HERE. I have no dog in this fight, but why not help out Skull Candy, Kate does.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017