Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"HEY YANKEES...YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!"


There's no other way of saying it. The New York Yankees have gaping holes and are exposed. It almost seems like every team has figured them out, yet, ironically, they can't figure out themselves.  Why? Because when you don't hit, you don't score and if you don't score you don't win...Oh yeah... and if you can't pitch to win... you lose. Plus, if you can't keep your team in it as a pitcher...well, that sucks too and you will also lose. That whole phrase sounds awkward...but not as awkward as my new York Yankees who have made a spectacle of themselves. I'd never thought I'd say this...but where the hell is Jack Cust?  Let's shake it up! The point is, sometimes you need to bring in new guys to prove to the old guys that you should never take playing for the Yankees for granted. We need some new energy...fast!
Sure, I know I just wrote FORGET THE MAY LOSSES...BELIEVE IN YOUR YANKEES! 
last night, but there is no question these losses are frustrating. Now we've lost to the Royals and we lost 2 of 3 to the Reds and we are bleeding out like we're on the side of the West Side Highway after a car crash, and no one is around to help us.  What the hell has happened to my New York Yankees?  The conversation around Twitter is the same... "Sure, I'm a Yankees fan, but if they show no heart, what the hell am I rooting for?"  One of my friends texted me last night and said "Tex doesn't even look like he wants to be there!"  Interesting observation...that's what slumps do, they kill you softly.  It's like a cancer that will eat away a team.  We may need some changes...we definitely need some energy.

Last night's recap was simple...the Yankees were shut out.  We only had 7 hits. We were D.O.A. We had nothing to offer.  Hiroki Kuroda looks like he pitches Little League in the American League, something that concerned me when we signed him, but I hoped that having guys like Andy Pettitte and CC Sabathia surrounding him would give him the confidence he needed.  It's clear, he doesn't belong here.  Kuroda went 5.1 innings, allowed 7 hits, 3 runs, walked 3, struck out 4 and allowed yet another home run.  5.1 innings? We need pitchers to go 7 at this point in the season.  Later on Clay Rapada allowed 1 run and then Freddy Garcia, the guy that lost his role as starter allowed 2.  Pathetic.
Hits were few...Jeter had 1 hit, Alex Rodriguez had 2 and is up to .276, but ARod, let's go already!  Russell Martin had 2 hits, Nick Swisher had 1 and Eric Chavez and Mark Teixeira had 1 as well.  But let's look at Tex for a second.  What happened to this guy? He got old fast.  He's not the same guy he used to be and you really need to ask yourself if he's just having a few bad seasons or if his decline is real.  I've never seen a guy fall like this since Jason Giambi.  The Yankees need to look closely at that...dead weight? Perhaps.
As for Kevin Long is concerned, many are calling for his head today.  I wouldn't go that far.  These are professional hitters out there.  If, as an adult and major league hitter, I can't figure this out by myself, I have bigger problems.  Kevin Long is there to guide you as a hitter, not hit for you!  These guys are big boys, they're New York Yankees...they need to start hitting...they need to start winning...anything less is madness.

Final Score tonight: Royals 6 - Yankees 0.

Tonight we win... we have to...if  we don't, I may see if I can get tickets to a Mets game...I kid, I kid. Seriously though...turn it around guys...turn it around!

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017