Monday, May 21, 2012

FORGET THE MAY LOSSES...BELIEVE IN YOUR YANKEES!



I’m seeing a lot of disappointment that’s turning into anger.  Sure the Yankees can’t seem to win consistently and it’s aggravating, and I understand.  But let’s do what we’ve always done…keep believing in our boys of summer.  We are the New York Yankees and we always bounce back.  I never like to hear fans in May tell me that “This is not our year” and “Maybe we just don’t have it.”  Really? REALLY? It’s May.  I think it was Derek Jeter who said just the other day, “I don’t see anybody popping champagne in the middle of May” (Read HERE.) That’s a really good point and no one knows that better than the Captain. 
A lot can happen as we inch toward the All-Star break.  For one, I don’t expect the Baltimore Orioles to be in first place by then, I also don’t expect the Yankees to be in last place.  We have plenty of guys on the shelf that are looking forward to getting away from the Disabled list and back and contributing with our club...  David Robertson being 1 of them.  We have guys that just haven’t found their groove yet and Kevin Long’s about the earn his paycheck because Lord knows guys like Alex Rodriguez, Russell Martin and Mark Teixeira need help. 
 (In Photo: Stump Merrill, 1990)
All I’m saying is, I’m a Yankee Fan.  I was a Yankee fan when the Yankees were in last place back in 1990 and I was a Yankee fan in the late 90’s.  My feeling for them has never changed and it shouldn’t change for you either.

Frustration's allowed…yelling at the television… that’s allowed… saying “It may not be our year”… I don’t understand that and I sure as hell don’t subscribe to it.  It’s ridiculous.  If anything, this slow start will only make it more exciting as we move up the leader board in the American League East.  Sure, it looks as though even the New York Sports media have turned on the Yankees choosing the put the Mets on the back page, but trust me, the Mets aren’t going to sell papers. I guess the papers think it’s bring a bright sport to the New York fans, who knows. 

This post isn’t the reprimand you for being a bad fan.  It’s to remind you who we are.  We’re Yankee fans.  When the Yankee have a rough patch, we don’t walk away, we band together.  We don’t surrender, we unite.  It’s times like this we circle the wagons, wear our Yankee hats proud and continue to root for our team.  We’re not the only ones seeing the losses.
The Brothers' Steinbrenner are watching closely too... Cashman is watching closely as well.  It’s right about this time that they let Hank out of his cage to say something outrageous anyway.  Expect him to come out soon and blab “No one’s job is safe!” or “My dad would never stand for this!”  Then he’d take a drag from his Marlboro Red and they’d lure him back to his box.  Not only will that light a fire under the Yankees asses, it will be a signal to all Yankee fans, that while Hank may be nuts, he’s actually right. 
The Yankees will be fine.  No one said baseball was easy.  162 game season, injuries, inconsistency…it’s all part of it.  If it was easy, we’d win 162 games. Last time I checked… no one’s ever done that.  So smile, there is some good news...the Yankees will be fine, but you need to stop giving up….and start believing again for crying out loud...oh yeah and...

Let’s Go Yankees!

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017