Saturday, April 14, 2012

THE BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND II

If you missed it, you can read the first BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND here.


MODERN DAY MURDERER'S ROW? Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily news has a great quote from Nick Swisher in which he suggests that this year the Yankees could have a new generation of Murderer's Row. I like the sound of that, here's his quote: “We still have to go out and prove it, but I feel like this could be a new generation of the old-school ‘Murderer’s Row'... We’ve got a lot of power through the middle of our lineup, some speed at the top, speed at the bottom. It’s fun to be a part of." Exciting doesn't even begin to describe my emotions. Read McCarron HERE.

THE BERGEN RECORD GAVE ME CHILLS: I read the Bergen Record every day. I think Pete Caldera is my favorite writers, next to Marc Carig of the Star-Ledger…big ups. Caldera had a great piece about Mariano Rivera, his career and how this home opener maybe his last. Read HERE. OK, so the story idea isn’t exactly the first we’ve seen but it wasn’t just his great piece that had me at “Hello”, it was the amazing illustration by the Record’s R.L. Rebach and yes, it's something we all know is coming in 5 years after he retires, first ballot or course. But I just wanted to point it out to you all. I can’t find the Internet version of the plaque, so I scanned it. Enjoy starring at that. Great job R.L. Rebach! I appreciate cartooning and illustrating so much!

FIREBALLER: I read this on Yahoo News and it’s terrific video as well. Bear Grylls, you know him you, love him…from the show Man vs. Wild threw out the first pitch at the Dodgers game Thursday and lit the baseball on fire before he threw it. In the end, the idea was probably better on paper because while it was funny to throw a fireball to the catcher, he needs to work on his form a bit. You can read about it HERE.

TEIXEIRA GIVE BACK: Mark Teixeira has been named the "Commissioner of Patch Baseball." It's a little nugget I found while searching online and in a nutshell, it's a way for Tex to give back to local communities. Each week on Patch, Tex will interact with fans and readers and he'll give healthy tips on staying in shape, share exclusive video and even answer questions. Of Patch, Tex says: "I live in a Patch town now and I keep tabs on my original hometown via the Patch site there, so I’ve seen the ways that Patch supports its communities...I’m excited to be a part of that by connecting with Patch users who have the same passion for baseball that I do. I’m eager to see what kinds of questions they toss my way!” Many of us use Patch to read about things going on in our own town. I just thought it was cool to see him interacting with the fans in that capacity. Read all about it HERE.

JAY Z...A YANKEE? Not exactly, but he and his company Rocawear just inked a deal with the Yankees. The deal included branded signage in Yankee Stadium as well as promotions. Good for him. This is America and Jay Z gets it. You can read about the the deal HERE on Hip Hop Wired.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017