Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WHY NUNEZ HAS A BRUISED HAND MYSTERY

“That’s weird, because everything says it’s negative…the doctors say I’m fine, but it hurts a lot.”
– Nunez talks about his bruised right hand

Last Monday Eduardo Nunez was hit in the right hand during a game against the Phillies. Since then, even though all tests came back negative, he still feels pain. It’s been a full week at this point and I’m disappointed in Yankee brass, they should have taken the proper pre-caution and shut the guy down. They didn't... until today. Read MLB's Bryan Hoch with the full story HERE.

Look, Doctor's say and do things all the time, but at the end of the day, only YOU know your body. Even though Nunez was told tests on the hand were negative and just got alittle "bruised", he should have told the Yankees he needed a few days, that he felt pain and wanted to heal. Everyone would have agreed, it's the Spring. But instead what appears to have happened is he's still taking batting practice. But my take on this is simple, all he's doing is aggravating the bruise… am I right?

Whenever I talk to my friend Nate, and I tell him something that doesn’t appear to be right, he looks at with a concerned face and says “That’s not good.” Then there’s a pause. Picture me saying that right now because I can’t understand why Nunez and his “bruise” isn’t getting better, unless the dude is just working it too hard and he just needs time. So yes, right now, according to Hoch is the Yankees have advised Nunez finally to be shut down for a few days.

I’m not sure who dropped the ball on this one, but whatever the case, we need to get Nunez right, after all , this year could be a big year for him transitioning into what some predict could be a big growth year for the kid. Whether or not Nunez stays with the Yankees long term remains to be seen, he’ll need to eliminate all those errors he likes to make in the field if I have my say, but that being said, Nunez will play a big role with his bat and legs. One will hope it all works out for him, but step by step, that’s all I’m saying… that’s what Spring Training is all about.. no rush, just get things right.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017