Thursday, December 29, 2011

WHY WE DON'T HAVE ERIC CHAVEZ YET

Bryan Hoch tweeted that the reason why the Yankees and Eric Chavez have not moved on a re-sign is because the Yankees won the exclusive rights to negoiate with Hiroyuki Nakajima and that has not been resolved as of yet. Read Hoch's tweet HERE.

I'm not afraid to say it... I want Eric Chavez back. The Yankees claim to have the Nakajima thing mapped out within the next week or so...read HERE. Once that is complete, I assume we move forward with Chavez. True, Chavez was once a superstar with the Oakland Athletics and dare I say, he was working his way toward the Hall of Fame if those pesky injuries didn't destroy this guy's career. That being said, Chavez continues to come back, he doesn't quit and he is still just as bad ass as he always was, the problem is he's older and still get's hurt a lot.
And while I'm on the subject of Nakajima, I didn't understand why we went for exclusive bidding rights for him. The only thing I can conclude, and this is my opinion, is that the Yanks were willing to trade him as fast as we signed him for pitching. Otherwise, I'm not sure. Buster Olney tweeted my feelings on this perfectly right HERE.

Stay tuned on this one. I feel like a few minor moves are about the happen in Yankeeland. I'll keep ya'll posted t he best I can.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017