Wednesday, November 9, 2011

YANKEE RUMORS & BYB: PART 8

Tim Lincecum: I would like Tim Lincecum to be a New York Yankee. Let me rephrase that… I would LOVE Lincecum on the Yankees, I’ve always loved "The Freak" and the similarities between he and the kid from Dazed and Confused are amazing. I almost wish Lincecum WAS the kid in that movie, it would have been a cool story, from Hollywood to pitching superstar. Anyway. I’m getting off track. I love this rumor, but this is a rumor and it's about as far-fetched as Felix Hernandez coming to the Bronx this winter. It involves a trade and it involves a talent that we would need to trade solid prospects for. I just don’t see it. The being said, Dave Cameron from Fangraphs makes the most exciting argument ever for getting Lincecum to New York. Read it HERE. He suggests the Yankees would take Lincecum and $12 million of the remaining contract of Aubrey Huff and the Yankees would unload Jesus Montero and Eduardo Nunez to help give the Giants some stability on their end. Look, I never want to part with someone like Jesus Montero, but for the love of God, pitching is what the Yankees need and the idea that the Giants would "possibly" be willing to part with one of their top guys would make me bite immediately. And by the way, there is no way in hell the Giants only except only Montero and Nunez. The Giants will probably want more, probably prospect pitching... Dellin Betances anyone? Manny Banuelos anyone? That’s why this rumor is very far-fetched because yes, Brian Cashman could pursue a Tim Lincecum all he wants, but even he has stated the need to keep these kids with the Yankees. It’s fun to dream of a short-haired Lincecum in pinstripes but we need to slow down, this is a rumor, nothing more.Hiroki Kudora: He’s 36, he’s not someone I look at and say “The Yankees need him. Kudora gave up 24 home runs last season and his win loss record isn’t too nice to look at...13-16. The Dodgers and he seem to be very happy together and to be honest, he’s not interested in coming to New York. This is my final opinion on Kudora… we don’t need him and don’t want him, maybe the Royals can use him, not the New York Yankees. We need pitching and there are plenty of younger, better pitchers out there to choose from.Darren Oliver: The Yankees need a lefty to work with Boone Logan in the bullpen and I've always said that, but to tell you the truth, the starting rotation needs to be a top priority. Besides Darren Oliver, there are other lefties out there and I will bet Brian Cashman will be keeping an eye on all those lefty pitchers. But in the end, it’s about starting pitching first... it has to be. Just for your own satisfaction though, here is Darren Oliver’s line in 2011: 5-5 2.29 ERA / 41 K / 51 IP.

More Rumors as it happens, be sure the check out Bleeding Yankee Blue.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017