Monday, October 17, 2011

WHY RED SOX NATION IS DIVIDED

I would definitely be lying to you if I didn't say that watching the Red Sox implode the last 6 weeks or so has made me feel, well... good! To call Red Sox nation a joke right now might be the understatement of the year. Beginning with their now historic September collapse to today's news confirming that Red Sox players were boozing it up and stuffing their faces in the clubhouse DURING games. Read it HERE.

You know, the more I read about what has gone on with that team the last 6 weeks, the more I think the movie "Major League". I swear when you watch the scene below, can't you just imagine this is what was going in that clubhouse?

But in all seriousness, the Sox organization might have taken an 80-year step backwards. First, let's take a look at all this clubhouse stuff. When I started to read about how certain Red Sox pitchers were drinking beer and eating fried chicken during games, I have to admit, as much as I wanted to believe it, I just couldn't. I mean, I figured there is no way a Terry Francona managed team could get away with this type of nonsense. And where was Jason Varitek? I mean he wears that "C" on his uniform yet what kind of "Captain" allows this to happen in his clubhouse?

Look, I think we can all agree that John Lackey and Josh Beckett are two of the most arrogant players around. You can just see it in their mannerisms and the way they speak to the press. But even for these two guys, the idea they would quit on their own teammates seemed a bit far fetched. Well, it turns out it is all true. Jon Lester, who is the 3rd pitcher rumored to be "partying up" with Beckett and Lackey manned up and spoke about it in today's Boston Globe. You can read what he said HERE.
I think the fact that it took Jon Lester to "come clean" to these shenanigans shows just how selfish and arrogant Lackey and Beckett are. How could the Red Sox seriously even consider keeping Beckett or Lackey? How could you let these two guys walk around your clubhouse in 2012? I'll be absolutely shocked if the Sox don't do everything in their power to get rid of those two clowns. Can you imagine if the Yankees pulled that crap?

As far as Lester, I think he's very talented and probably just got sucked in by these two veteran pitchers whom he probably looked up to. I'm sure the Red Sox will give Jon Lester a slap on the wrist and you will see him in a Red Sox uniform next year.
So now, with Epstein jumping a sinking ship like a coward and Ben Cherington taking over as the new GM, they still have the mess of finding a new manager. Then they need to focus, all difficult with a clubhouse full of egos and chaos, and speaking of chaos, just in case you had some crazy notion that Epstein and Red Sox owner John Henry left on amicable terms, think again. Check out this quote from John Henry from Friday during an interview with a Boston radio station. Try and tell me he isn't taking a shot at Theo the Great...

"[Crawford was] definitely a baseball signing. In fact, anyone involved in the process, anybody involved in upper management with the Red Sox will tell you that I personally opposed that. They all know that."
Wow! I mean here is the owner of the Red Sox trying to say that Theo is an ass for signing Crawford. Not only that, but now you have Carl Crawford signed for like 400 more years and he is suppose to perform for a boss who thinks he sucks? I personally agree with John Henry but man, I'm sure glad I am not a Red Sox fan today. Talk about dysfunctional.

Look, you may have read this blog and thought I was piling on to the Red Sox problems and kicking them while they are down...well, they did it to themselves, we're just adding our own opinions.

Picture this Yankee fans...it's the year 2022...you are sitting at Yankee Stadium with your young son and daughter (or for some of us, grandchildren) and you can hear the chant..."2007! 2007! 2007!" Ah, how sweet it is... and will be.

By the way, be sure to read WHY THE RED SOX JUST GOT WHACKED. It's Casey take on the mess.


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017