Saturday, June 8, 2024

IS IT SORENESS REALLY & WHY DOES IT FEEL MYSTERIOUS?


Forearm discomfort isn't always a big deal, but sometimes it is.  Jasson Dominguez had discomfort in his elbow which led to Tommy John.  We have not heard this from the Yankees or Juan Soto. All we have heard is forearm discomfort... let's hope it's nothing serious.  I am always of the belief that what the Yankees are telling me publicly is not true and then I do my own reading to try and find the truth. After all, Aaron Boone is a puppet and mouthpiece and I have sworn that I wasn't going to use a quote from that idiot in my posts ever again. Why? Because he doesn't tell you anything.

Now Juan Soto appears fine.  He swears it's just some inflammation and that's the company line right now, but then if he can play through it, then play through it. Him sitting out yesterday was weird to me... I really needed to say that.  Sure, give the guy a day off from a game, fine, but you know the guy was still doing his warmups and training.... and so, what are we doing here? He's a young guy, a star athlete... his muscles are sore.  Something in my opinion just isn't jiving, you feel me?

The The Athletic writes:

"Soto did not play in the Yankees’ 11-inning 2-1 loss Friday night to the Los Angeles Dodgers. But the day still felt like a win for the organization, especially after learning Soto would avoid the injured list.

“We all were pretty relieved when we found out it was just inflammation,” Judge said...."

The Yankees lost, and that lack of run support? It was because Soto wasn't in the lineup.  Soto said himself he was available off the bench, but Boone didn't want to do that.  And that's something I will never understand.  You want to win games, right?  You lead a team as a manager, and you will sacrifice a game just to give the guy a day off? He's 25 freaking years old.  He should be playing; the results came back clean... Boone's an idiot.

Look, I expect Soto in the lineup today.  If he's not, I really have to question what's going on here.  It's that Yankee mystery that drives me crazy.  They aren't truthful with us many times.... what makes you think they are this time? Put the guy back in the lineup.  Soto right now is the life we need, and it's worked all season!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017