Monday, June 10, 2024

AARON JUDGE REPRIMANDS US FANS


Being a fan is a very unique thing. I mean, you can all be Yankee fans, but you may not like the same players.  It's just the way it goes. Now I am not a fan of booing players on the team I love, but I understand why fans may do it. I just will never understand that type of fandom. But whatever, that's what makes being a fan so great.  You do it your way.

Aaron Judge was not pleased with many of us last night.  He was made because of the "We Want Soto" chants when Trent Grisham was in the game and Soto hadn't played for the last three games.

 Judge said:



“Grisham works his butt off every single day. Soto is out right now, he’s going to be back soon and he’s been carrying this team all year. Anytime you go up against teams like this, fans pay to come see us do our thing. They want to see the best out there. 

"Soto is going to heal up fine, but Grish is a heck of a ballplayer and he showed it tonight in a big moment when we needed him. I wasn’t too happy with it, but I think he made a good point; he got his point across with that homer.”

I mean Judge is being the Captain. Judge is protecting his players and I respect it.  But never forget the fan element.  Fans should pay their hard-earned money, buy the Yankee food and merch and sit in a seat they rented with their family and spend nearly $800 bucks to come and enjoy themselves at the ballpark. And you know what? If you're spending that kind of money and the player, you came to see play isn't there? You SHOULD chant "We want Soto". Trust me, Grisham gets it. It's not personal... it's being a fan and that's it.

Look, at long as you're not a total prick at the ballpark, throwing out profanities and fist fighting, there's nothing wrong with it... that's my opinion anyway.

Look, Grisham came up big last night, but let's also not forget, that's what his job is... to hit the baseball.  We just got super lucky with that homer and that's the bottom line.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017