Thursday, March 14, 2024

WHY WE'RE NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET WITH GERRIT COLE'S INJURY


I'm mad as hell right now! The Yankees hit the pause button this winter after they traded for Juan Soto. I have been screaming and begging for another good starting pitcher (not Marcus Stroman) for months now. The Yankees have stayed stagnant, and it may cost them dearly.


I didn't think the Yankees rotation was deep enough as it was. Too many question marks after Gerrit Cole and it always felt like a serious gamble to me. I don't trust anyone after Cole and not for nothing, this team has the worst injury history. Now Cole is hurt and while everyone on X seems to be celebrating about the most recent updates, I'm not. The video below is all over my X feed.


Am I the only one concerned with that comment about the Yankees doctor's opinions? Seriously, our medical staff is a joke. I don't trust anything these guys tells us. The Yankees have resources most teams would kill to have, and they can't even get a reliable and intelligent medical staff. So now that we know FOUR Yankee doctors evaluated Cole and found inflammation but no visible tear. They believe Cole could rest, rehab it and come back in 1-2 months. Great.


Yet, Aaron Boone said "he didn't know yet" if there was a tear or not since it's not always clear on first looks or second looks so that's why Cole had to jump on a plane to Los Angeles to meet with Dr. ElAttrache. So, X is all excited that a tear hasn't been found yet, but I don't think the Yankees medical staff could find one if it jumps off the x-ray and yelled "BOO!" So, X can be cautiously optimistic while I quietly tell myself that all of the inflammation may be hiding it (and I am desperately hoping I am wrong). People just don't go see Dr. ElAttrache for a casual second opinion.


The Yankees aren't out of the woods yet no matter if Cole only misses 1-2 months. That's still missed time and the Yankees have no reliable depth at this point. Dylan Cease is a Padre as of last night, so the Yankees missed out there. I'm crossing my fingers and praying for good news.... but this was my worst nightmare.



--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017