Wednesday, December 6, 2023

THE POTENTIAL SOTO DEAL WITH THAT ADDED GOODIE

It looks like this "Juan Soto to the Yankees" deal is almost done, but not yet.  We all know the importance of Soto to the Yanks and Cashman knows it more than anyone. His ass is on the line. 

I wasn't able to tune in the YES today for this big announcement, so I asked my buddy Mike what happened...

"We get Soto or what?"

"I didn't see it. Maybe Jack Curry jumped the gun with that announcement or maybe he was lied to. Either way... I think we're gonna get Soto."

As a fan, I want to believe it. We all do.  And what do we give away? I'll tell you what they're talking about. Guys like Michael King, Drew Thorpe, Jhony Brito, Randy Vasquez and Higgy.  All good dudes, good soldiers for the Yankees, but how else do you get Juan Soto? You gotta give to get.  But not only do we get Soto... there's more.

Did you know who we are getting in addition to Soto if it works out as it appears? Trent Grisham.

Empire Sports Media writes:

"Trent Grisham’s addition to the deal makes the outfield picture a lot clearer, as it seems that he’ll be a defensive substitution and fourth outfielder for the Yankees. He’s in the top five in both DRS and OAA among centerfielders since joining the Padres in 2020, and his reverse splits should make him the starter for Verdugo when the team faces southpaws." 

It makes our 4th outfielder pretty damn solid if you ask me. He's athletic. Sure he's stumbled with the bat sometimes, but I am not down on this guy yet.

Now many are down on Grisham for a bad year however. Rotoballer writes:

"The 27-year-old Grisham will become a fourth outfielder for the Yankees if the trade is completed after hitting under .200 with 13 home runs, 50 RBI, 15 stolen bases and 154 strikeouts in 555 trips to the plate over 153 games played..."

But what sticks out to me was how hot he was in the playoffs in 2022. I know 2023 happened right after that, but 2022 always suck in my mind. 4-8 against the Mets with 2 home runs... against the Dodgers, 4-13 with a home run and yes, he sucked against the Phillies, but the reality is this guy can be an impact player when he wants to be. I truly believe that if the Yankees secure Soto and Grisham, Grisham can be a "change of scenery, change of energy" guy in the Bronx. Hopefully I'm right.

I leave you with this. It was just reported that Bob Nightengale is trying to rain on the Yankees parade by tweaking that no deal was complete, and the Yankees' Cashman and Boone are headed to the airport.
And Inside the Padres writes:

"Since late Tuesday night, after the Yankees' trade with the Boston Red Sox for Alex Verdugo, it seemed that a Yankees-Padres swap for Soto was inevitable.

While that could still very well be the case, the two sides weren't able to finalize it before leaving the Winter Meetings..."

Let's hope we didn't just get Cliff Lee'd here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.