Thursday, December 21, 2023

NEW COMPETITION FOR YAMAMOTO AS CHRISTMAS LOOMS


I still really want Yoshinobu Yamamoto as a Christmas present. So do other teams and millions of other fans. I am losing more sanity every day that passes and Yamamoto hasn't made his decision. It's coming soon.....right?

Right. I am staying optimistic because the Yankees are a favorite, we have heard this every day. We've also heard the Mets are ready to throw crazy cash at Yamamoto read YAMAMOTO WATCH IS ON! WILL THE YANKEES OUTBID THE METS? I think the Mets are real contenders because Steve Cohen has a money burning in his pocket and money talks....but would it seal the deal?

Maybe not, because the San Francisco Giants are getting a bigger part of the social media chatter lately. 

I have seen that tweet retweeted on my X feed 9 times now. I don't sleep on the Giants because they are more motivated than ever to pick up major talent after they couldn't lure Aaron Judge away from the Yankees. The Giants have money to spend, they are a big market team and they have west coast appeal which is always a plus for Japanese stars, not a requirement. 

If Morosi's tweet is true what bigger stage is there than Yankee stadium? I don't hate on Citi Field, Dodger stadium or Oracle Park but there is nothing like the mystique of the house that Derek Jeter built across the street from the house that Babe Ruth built. Nothing compares to it.

If Yamamoto's final four are these teams, then we can see he has no bias of which coast he wants to play for. There's always the chance of a sleeper team emerging in the process. A big market team is going to get Yamamoto, I just hope it's us. 



I'm ready for Yamamoto to commit. Choose a team, PLEASE! By choose a team I mean choose the Yankees of course. I hope it is a Christmas present Santa leaves for us, but if it is a New Years gift I'd still be happy because we would start 2024 off with good vibes. We need those.

Yamamoto watch is still on....and so is a hopeful Santa special delivery. 



--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017