Tuesday, October 24, 2023

REGGIE GOES OFF & HE'S RIGHT


Just a few short days before the Rangers beat the Astros in the ALCS, it was Yankee legend Reggie Jackson blasting the Yankees on how they treat fan base and their legends who wore their pinstripes.  On MLB on FOX and talking with Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter, Reggie went ham and by that he expressed something that we fans think about all the time... the fact that unqualified managers like Aaron Boone are there, but veterans who actually have knowledge of baseball aren't brought in to help the team whenever possible.  I'm assuming he means the front office, because as we all know, Reggie is now with the Houston Astros working as an advisor for Jim Crane, the biggest cheater of them all.  

What Reggie said hit me between the eyes. And I stood up and applauded at my laptop.  He said the Yanks are unwilling to listen to the experienced guys, Jackson included, but he and others were never asked.

“I’d say the biggest difference between us, and really most other teams and especially with the Yankees… your voice isn’t heard,” Jackson said. “You didn’t participate. You know, I walked away because I wanted to be involved and leave my knowledge in the game. I certainly think that I know that Derek Jeter still loves the Yankees. Andy Pettitte still loves the Yankees. (Rodriguez) is still a Yankee and I’m still a Yankee, but we didn’t get a chance to be involved in some of the say-so in our opinions really didn’t get valued.”

This speaks volumes.  This my friends is exactly what fans are angry about.  You can look at a guy like Boone and defend him and suggest he's a scapegoat, but once again, it comes back to experience.  Sure, the Yanks brought in guys like Pettitte near the end of the season, but for me looking at that, they weren't bringing him in to "advise".  They brought him to be the Yankee fans "shiny thing".  Remember, the Yankees suck so anything to distract us fans was good enough for them. They just wanted us to shut up.

Experience matters.  Reggie is right. You know who else is? Me.  Bruce Bochy gut managed his Rangers to the World Series last night.  Analytics as his guide... gut and feel was his go-to.  That's how you win ball games. That's how you win championships.  

Will Bochy bring the Rangers to win the World Series? I would bet on it.  I can't say that if Boone was and that's the honest truth.

Make changes Hal! You have a failed franchise!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017