Monday, September 11, 2023

THE MARTIAN LANDS ON THE IL! DID THE YANKEES IGNORE THE WARNING SIGNS?


It's official, Jasson Dominguez....you are a New York Yankee. Congratulations. Your exciting MLB debut is on a long pause as you suffer the same fate as many of your other team mates this season.... hanging out on the Injured List with a torn UCL.

This long pause will feel like an eternity for me. He really brought excitement into what has been a lousy season in just eight short games. Now I am just thinking about the four home runs and eight RBI's and hating the fact that I have to wait at least 9 or 10 months to see it again.

And that's best-case scenario, which doesn't inspire me at all because our medical and training and conditioning staffs are terrible. I said it last week, THE YANKEES NEED A LOT OF FIXING, BUT THEY NEED TO START HERE....by firing everyone currently serving in these functions. They suck. Now I just feel even stronger in my opinion based on what Aaron Boone said to the press, read more HERE.

"Obviously tough news to have," Boon said. He "had some soreness Sunday he said in Houston, the last game. But I hadn’t thought that much of it. He started getting treatment on Wednesday but [the elbow] still wasn’t anything impacting him really. And then today, when he was doing his BP, his routine and he was swinging, he couldn’t pop the ball or really hit it hard. So we brought him up and he went and got tested during the game and he’s got a torn UCL."

That Baboonie banter doesn't sit right with me. Do I blame him for the kid getting hurt after being up for eight games? No. However, his comments about KNOWING about the soreness but not addressing it earlier says everything you need to know about the current state of this organization. Why not have him looked at as soon as the Yankees got back from Houston?  The only right answer here is the Yankees screwed up again. What an embarrassment!

This kid is only 20 years old and has potential to be a core player for years that the Yankees could build around....but they ignored an early issue. They are careless and I am just tired of watching it. Add this to your list for a "deep dive," Hal Steinbrenner and like I said before.... FIX IT!

Not much else to say with this one, because it sucks. Here's to a speedy recover, kid. I really hope we get to see you play again next year. 


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.