Friday, August 4, 2023

I DON'T BELIEVE RIZZO'S HURT. I BELIEVE HE'S EMBARASSED


Is it me or does it feel kind of weird that for 2 plus months Anthony Rizzo can't hit a baseball and then the Yankees suddenly conclude its because he has remanence of a concussion from a collusion months ago. It feels weird to me. And once again I ask, where is the Yankees medical staff? I'm saying... it's easy to pull the guy out the lineup and not use him. But when we bench a veteran like Rizzo, fans start to squawk. But if you say the guy is on the IL, Rizzo AND the Yankees get a pass... almost like they are buying him time.   It just all feels very strange to me.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, Bryan Hoch writes:

"The Yankees have placed first baseman Anthony Rizzo on the 10-day injured list with post-concussion syndrome, which the club believes stems from a May 28 collision with the Padres’ Fernando Tatis Jr.

... Rizzo said he has noticed feeling more tired than usual, which the veteran largely attributed to the grind of a long season.

“You wake up some days feeling not very good; some days, you feel better,” Rizzo said. “That’s kind of normal throughout the year. It was more walking back and saying, ‘Man, I don’t understand how I missed that pitch.’ I would swing at a pitch middle-away, and I thought it was three feet off the plate. Things like that really started making me concerned.”

Let me also state that I have a hard time believing Rizzo is a liar, but I do not understand this at all.  What happened to Rizzo's right knee that day? Remember that?




Look, being tired at his age, pretty normal. I'm 51. I'm tired a lot and not an athlete and I'm active.  I also sometimes feel like crap and other days feel amazing. My point is, what he says to the press is something that I would say walking into my office. Something doesn't sit right with me, but I guess it makes sense in the messaging.  

If the Yankees were to come out and say, "Rizzo needs rest", the whole fan base would lose their mind.  Saying he's on the IL appears clean and legit and who are we to question it? 

Well, I'll question it, but look, the main thing is that Rizzo needs to get back at it. We need this guy desperately. And so, if this charade works and he comes back on fire... I will definitely retrack my speculation.  For now... get well, I guess?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017