Tuesday, August 1, 2023

BRONX PANIC! CONFIDENT, HARD-NOSED MANAGER NEEDED!


No one, not even Yankee brass believes the Yankees have a shot this year.  I mean look... I am a big Yankee fan. I was there in the days of the last place Yankees in 1990. Days were dark, but I didn't walk away then and I'm not walking away now.  The difference is we can make moves to improve and not sell away key players to get huge name rentals. All we need to do is to inject a little energy into the team... a few pieces.... a third baseman.... an outfielder.... both with some pop. Both with some confidence. I believe that will turn it around.

But I gotta say the fan base giving up with 50 plus games left is ridiculous.  It's disappointing and it's shocking.  Joel Sherman of the New York Post says this about some names on the flip list. Guys like Harrison Bader and Luis Severino, IKF and Wandy Peralta.  But who the hell would want those guys right now? Other than Peralta and maybe IKF, they're worthless. And let's be honest, is that selling or unloading weak players? 

The Yankees time is up when it comes to excellence.  Right now, the best thing they need to do is improve to get by... get into the playoffs and finish this season with the idea that the off season will be huge for them.  But to give up with 50 plus games left is ridiculous. We still have a shot... slim, but a shot.

Like... who is running this team?  

Is anyone truly paying attention? Hal made a statement a short time ago and fired loser Dillon Lawson.  He was no hitting coach... he was a fan boy who liked hanging around the Yankees and had no clue about mechanics and adjustments. That had to happen. But as I have said many times before, he needed to go further. He needed to fire Aaron Boone

Now you can say that the constant losing is not Boone's fault that this team just sucks, but I'll suggest to you that sometimes-subliminal moves change a team's approach.  I strongly believe that seeing Boone fired would have been a severe wake up call for this Yankees team.  It would have showed that Hal Steinbrenner was serious about winning. It would have showed the team they needed to wake the F up.  But that didn't happen and then to make matters worse, Cashman came out to the media to let everyone know that Boone's job was safe.  Talk about bursting an entire fan base's bubble. The Yankees seem to forget that they work for us. We pay to see their games, buy their shitty food and suffer through shitty seasons like this one.  Fans want theirs.  

Then of course I'll circle back on that ultimate question.  Do you give up on this team?  Well, great question, but I already know my answer.  

No.

I watched the Yankees since the 1970's.  I watched Ron Guidry strike out 18... saw Reggie Jackson become an absolute monster at the plate. I saw Don Mattingly bat .300 multiple times with hair longer than his collar line, a rebel, and I watched a kid named Derek Jeter show up and win 5 championships.  But one thing those guys all had with those teams was support from the top. 


It might not have always looked pretty with the Billy Martins and Clyde Kings and Joe Torres of our Yankee history, and sure, George Steinbrenner was a lunatic, but he owned that team like a fan.  He wanted to win... he wanted to win all the time and if he didn't, he fired the manager.  Why? Because the manager runs the show. The manager puts the lineups together... the manager doesn't coddle; they tell it like it is.  A manager is not a friend, he's the leader of the team.  And if the players don't respect the manager, the manager benches those players until they do.  Boone is not a respected manager. Aaron Boone would have never been hired by George Steinbrenner because Boone doesn't command respect. He's weak.

What world do we live in that we have hot players in hitting streaks benched for rest? What world do we live in where we need to start a winning streak, Judge returns, homers and gets rested the next day?  The Yankees now need to sprint.  There is no more marathon mentality Mr. Boone... we are past that.  

Urgency is important now.  Fighting to win is vital now.  I think every Yankee fan would appreciate it more if we went balls out to try and stumble into the playoffs than win 1 game every 4 because players need to rest.  It is the absolute worst managing style I have ever seen.  

In the end, I will continue to root. I will continue to throw shit at my TV, and I will continue to remind all of you that being a hardnosed tough player is out the window if you're watching baseball in the Bronx.  The Yankees are now soft because of soft leadership. A definite trickle down from Boone to his players. Sure, I'll continue to root, but I'm rooting for my players and for that uniform.  I refuse to praise loser Boone. He has done nothing for this team but to make excuses.

When it gets hard... when you need to juggle injury and personality and rest, THAT IS WHEN YOU SEE HOW GOOD YOUR MANAGER IS. It is clear Aaron Boone is nothing but a puppet for this Yankee organization.  I cannot wait until this season ends so Hal can prove to the entire MLB and Yankee fan base that this horrible Aaron Boone experiment failed.

#FireBoone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017