Sunday, December 25, 2022

YANKEES SNAG WILMER DIFO


I know what you're thinking... who the hell is Wilmer Difo? You don't know? I do... but hey,  maybe that's why the Yankees grabbed him in the dead of night... because no one knows who the hell this guy is.  I kid. I kid.

The New York Post has the story:

"The Yankees added some infield depth on Friday when they agreed to a minor-league deal with Wilmer Difo, The Post confirmed.


The switch-hitting Difo, 30, played in just three games with the Diamondbacks last season, spending most of the season at Triple-A. He was productive in a limited role with the Pirates in 2021, when he had an OPS of .713 in 240 plate appearances at second base, third base and shortstop, as well as center and right field."

And so that's all you really need to know. This is a minor league deal, a deal to help with some depth in the infield and I really have no problem with it. In fact, I welcome it.

That is all... now go about your business!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017