Saturday, October 15, 2022

MY SOURCE SAYS "JUDGE WILL BE A SAN FRANCISCO GIANT NEXT YEAR..."


I hate the source game, because I hate spreading rumors and I'm not a baseball insider either. Actually, now that I think about it, none of the baseball insiders are actually baseball insiders. They just guess. But here's the deal, I have created and have written thousands of articles here for Bleeding Yankee Blue since 2010 and I'm proud of that.  Being in this chair with Suzie and Jeana, we have met numerous baseball people and I have been lucky enough to get some information over the years.  It helps me make predictions and get information that many do not get. That's because I don't go bragging about what I know, I just share it when it seems pretty air-tight in the hopes that it helps people understand the true world of baseball and the business it is.

I have a source, a friend, that works for the San Francisco Giants. I will not reveal his name. I will only reveal what the buzz is and what he's hearing on the ground out there. He is not privy to private meetings. This is water cooler rumor, but still a pretty big one I want to share. The phrase he used with me is this:

"It's very real. Judge will be a San Francisco Giant next year."

I asked him why. He would not tell me. I asked him to give me more. He said he didn't have anything more. He told me to "trust him" and said it will come down to the contract, something Judge "could not walk away from."

I have to tell you, I believe him.  

Again, I don't do this carelessly. This is fact.  Kind of like when I told you all that Troy Tulowitzki might be a Yankee based on my source. Remember when I wrote SOURCE: "TULOWITZKI TO THE YANKEES..."

Back in 2014 I wrote:

"I don't have much, other than me getting information from someone I trust 100%. "Troy Tulowitzki to the Yankees might actually happen." was the text.

I immediatlely texted back. "What????"

"WOW", came next...

Then, he continued:

"It's one expensive gamble. Top prospects and alot of salary."

Tulo did become a Yankee a few years later.  While I have never been a "called it guy", I was on the right track and got the right information. And that's why I believe this Giants story when it comes to Aaron Judge.


"According to Bob Nightengale of USA TODAY, the Giants are looking into Judge, a California native, and Turner, who plays for the rival Los Angeles Dodgers, despite the massive contracts it would take to land them.

“Yet, money may be no object, with the Giants willing to do anything for a return to the postseason, winning 26 fewer games than a year ago,” writes USA TODAY. “‘We do have the flexibility to be involved in every possible option on the table,’ Giants president Farhan Zaidi said.”



And now the latest. Dave Flemming the San Francisco Giants Broadcaster was asked about Judge. He said "“I’ve heard there’s some underlying tension between Judge and [the Yankees]... If Judge says, ‘I want to go somewhere else because I feel like they did me wrong’ then I think the Giants are a very viable option." That's something fans surely like to hear."

Hmm. The fans. Fans love stars.  So do us Yankee fans. That's why I cannot for the life of me understand why booing a 62 AL Home Run leader in what could be his last home game as a Yankee ever is a good idea, especially if the tension rumor between Judge and the Yankees have extended to the West Coast so quickly.

Look, there is no question Judge could fly. It's very likely. He could also finish he career in New York and I would absolutely love that more. But I take these RARE source texts seriously.

I hope it's bull.  I really do, but look, the most important part of this is it's a RUMOR. Take it how you want to take it.  I have nothing else. I just believe it. I think the Giants are gonna go HARD on Aaron Judge, and if I had to guess, I think they would go much HARDER than the Yankees at the end of the season. 

Stay tuned.





1 comment:

  1. I think there is a chance he could leave the Yankees but I think he really wants to stay a Yankee. After all what better way to go into hall of fame than as a Yankee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017