Saturday, October 1, 2022

LET'S BRING ANTHONY RIZZO BACK, PLEASE!


I love Anthony Rizzo as a New York Yankee.  He's a clubhouse leader, works hard, hits dingers, wins and cares. That's all I want in a player on my club. He fits the mold.

Brendan Kuty talks about Rizzo and the off season and what his future could be, be it here in New York with the Yanks, or elsewhere.

Check this out:

"He could opt into the second year of his deal in New York. Or he could become a free agent and seek a bigger payday...“Early November,” he told NJ Advance Media on Friday, “I’ll sit down with my agents. We’ve talked, and I have zero interest in going that route yet, talking about it. Just because I’m so focused on staying healthy and getting ready for the postseason. That type of decision — the business side is usually for the offseason. This is the fun part.”

“I like the city,” he said. “I like the team. It was intriguing coming back, it’s the guys in here and what we’ve set out to do, we’re on our way (to doing). We won the division, which was not easy. At times we made it look easy, at times we made it look like a circus. But ultimately, we won the division and that’s one of our goals.”

Rizzo isn't going to give too much, but it's clear this guy likes the Bronx and we like him.  This is an easy decision as far as I'm concerned. Let's hope Rizzo continues to want to be in Yankee pinstripes.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017