Wednesday, October 12, 2022

JEFF PASSAN IS A SAVAGE AND I LOVE IT

I'm tired of Ben Verlander's feelings. Toughen up buttercup.


No one cares about Ben Verlander. His claim to fame is being Justin Verlander's brother.  He has no experience, no value to his employer other than his name. If he doesn't realize he's a puppet than I don't know what else to say. Here's an idea... do something on your own.

The Shohei Ohtani obsession is ridiculous. Everyone knows it. and last night it was Jeff Passan's turn to explain to Ben Verlander that he probably needs to stop with that obsession. After all, and I've said this a 1000 times now, MLB Players do not have the luxury to be pitchers and hitters. If they did, there would be more than Shohei Ohtani, but once guys get into high school, many good pitchers and made into P.O.s and that bleeds over into college.  And that's usually the end of their hitting career. 



But Shohei is different because Shohei is a Japanese player who clearly was packaged as "take me this way or don't take me at all." MLB knew it was the perfect marketing tool. And so, they made the exception knowing it would make the league money. And Verlander fell into the trap.  

What's my point? Verlander is a pawn, and he's too dumb to see it.  But we all do and that's why Passan went after Verlander last night. Enough is enough. Verlander needs to shut up.

 .





Passan is a stand-up guy in a corporate world and felt like he needed to delete his message and apologize. But he shouldn't have.  Sometimes hacks need to be put in their place and that's why Passan did what he did. Sure he picked a fight. But sometimes you need to pick a fight to make a point. Passan did, he's a stud.

P.S. I'm 5'7". My height has never clouded my delusion that I was being used by a company because of my name and lack of experience.  Verlander needs to STFU.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017