Monday, August 1, 2022

WILL THE YANKEES GO "ALL-IN" BY THE DEADLINE TOMORROW?


And here we are in the home stretch, and it is weird to think about. We went from talking about the trade deadline two months ago and being in a position of "want" versus need and now we are in the final hours before the trade deadline is here. Since then, the Yankees have dealt with some injuries. We've got Andrew Benintendi but....there's more coming, right?

I hope so! I have wish list items that do not include Juan Soto. I'd love to get him, but I don't see the Yankees parting with the top prospects it would take to get him. So, I have two other wish list items that the Yankees will be more inclined to make (fingers crossed). The question is, can the Yankees make a deal happen before 6pm EST tomorrow? I hope these happen....

1. Get Frankie Montas!

Just like the Mariners, Luis Castillo was my first choice but honestly....not at the price the Mariners paid. I think they overpaid for him so hopefully the the Yankees can negotiate a good deal and get it done. Time will tell, the Blue Jays, Twins and the Cardinals are also frontrunners to land Montas but who knows what other mystery teams may be out there. The Athletic’s Katie Woo reported on Thursday that it’s believed the A’s are asking for at least two top prospects and possibly “a currently rostered player with substantial team control remaining,” you can read more HERE if you subscribe to The Athletic. And yes, I would prefer Montas over Noah Syndergaard for too many reasons to list in this story.


2. Find Joey Gallo's new match and send him packing!

Supposedly THERE ARE TEAMS THAT ACTUALLY LIKE JOEY GALLO according to Jon Heyman. Hard to imagine or believe but I am going to hope and pray that for once he is actually right. He doesn't have the best track record but if he is actually right about this one I will give him kudos! I have a hard time believing anything Heyman says but other people like Jack Curry are completely believable and I do believe he is on to something here....


So I hope the Braves come calling and Cashman is smart enough to answer his phone and get a deal done. They had Gallo 2.0 already so Curry has a good point, he can step right in and fill the void. Who knows, maybe he will even be rejuvenated there. If he is, good for him I have no ill will towards Gallo....I just can't watch him strike out anymore or wear a Yankee uniform.

A lot is going to happen by 6pm tomorrow. I hope a lot happens for us, honestly...and Montas and Gallo are just the beginning of my wish list but I am hoping if I am not too greedy this time that the Yankees will surprise us all. I hate to wait and see....but that's what I will be doing....watching social media for the juicy details.




--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017