Friday, August 12, 2022

GALLO FELT EMBARASSED AND HUMILIATED IN NEW YORK


It's a good thing that Joey Gallo is out of New York and out in LA. It's good for the Yankees, and it's good for him because now he has new life and a new chapter and a clean slate. It's as simple as that.

I read something called the Shadow League the other day. Gallo was interviews by NJ Sports Media, and it was pretty bad for him in while in the Bronx.

"Gallo laments his poor play and how he didn’t want to show his face in public in the city.



“Yeah, I think, feel like people are a little sick of me here, so I don’t really know what else I can do at this point here. I haven’t played well, so I think it’ll help me to move on,” said Gallo. “It makes me feel like a piece of s**t, honestly. I remember playing here with the Rangers, watching [Yankees] get booed off the field and thinking, ‘Holy s**t! I feel bad for that guy.’ Now it’s me. I do appreciate people reaching out, but it makes me feel like I’m a problem.”

Gallo is a boom or bust hitter. Big on home runs, but also a lot of strikeouts. He’s struck out over 200 times in a season twice. He’s hit below .200 as a member of the Yankees. "

The pinstripes aren't for everyone. If you haven't read FOR SOME, THE PINSTRIPES ARE TOO HEAVY. FOR OTHERS, THEY FIT JUST RIGHT, Suzie Pinstripe breaks it down wonderfully. Bottom line, Gallo wasn't a Yankee, he was an experiment and it was horrible. 

What really bothers me about Gallo rides the coat tails of teams with major contributors to winning streaks. The Yankees were unstoppable when Gallo was with them. Gallo barely contributed.  Now with the Dodgers they just won their 10th straight, and finally Gallo contributed.  The New York Post writes:


"Gallo hasn’t yet to lose a game as a member of the Dodgers, who won their 10th consecutive game after their win over the Twins.

“It’s exciting. It was close for a little bit,” Gallo said. “I thought we were winning a lot in New York. We’re winning a lot here, especially lately. It’s always great to win games.”

It was Gallo’s first homer as a Dodger and his 13th of the season."

Hey good for him. Maybe it will turn it around for him, maybe not. I'm just glad we can all turn the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017