Saturday, February 19, 2022

BOONE PUPPET BOTHERED BY BEING PERCEIVED AS A PUPPET

Too bad man. You're a puppet.

Hey Aaron... you make front office moves and clearly you don't have what it takes to be a solid manager. Get over yourself.

That's how I'd tell Aaron Boone how I feel about him when he tries to defend himself as not being a puppet for the New York Yankees.  But he is, cause trust me; his moves are amateur.

But Aaron's pissed about it and so, he spoke to Joel Sherman about it.  It was a great article. He called the accusations "Bullshit."  Too bad, bro.

MSN writes:


"He hears the talk that he is considered a puppet for the front office and the analytics staff, who many believe are in charge of lineup construction and in-game management, despite multiple dismissals of that idea by general manager Brian Cashman. He once again pushed back on that narrative ...

Boone told Sherman. “Narratives that get started that maybe have some sliver of truth to it, but in the end are kind of bulls–t. I have a hard time…it bothers me just as a sport, as an industry, as someone who has been in the game forever and loves it...

“You are missing the boat if you are not all-in on all of it and understanding the importance of all of it,” Boone said. “I try to bring that down here all the time. One thing rubbed me wrong, I heard something…they called me a ‘data applicator.’ Like I am not a baseball guy and just some ‘data applicator.’ I have been in this game all my life, bro. I am as baseball through-and-through as anyone. Just because I have been open-minded and grown in the game doesn’t mean I am any more old-school or new-school than I have ever been. You are an idiot if you are not aware of all of it.”

And here's the problem with all of it. He may have been in the game "forever" but it's only because of his father and grandfather. Sure, his brother was there too and that's great, but that doesn't make this guy qualified. And moreover... surrounding yourself with less experienced coaches don't make you better either, Aaron. It just makes you King of the dummies, and no one really likes that, but it's true. 

Boone doesn't play close attention... he doesn't play with a gut instinct. He runs his decisions out of the front office and bases many decisions on numbers. It's very strategic and obvious. Just watch him work.  He's usually late and way too calculated.


Boone can act like he's old school all he wants. He's not. He's one of the newbies who has it all figured out with his numbers and "best friends" in his Yankee team. He's not a good manager... I hate to break it to him. 

One final quote from Boone the Puppet:

“One of the overwhelming reasons I took this job was to win a world championship... So of course, there is that frustration because we have been one of the teams probably, legitimately in the running for that year in and year out. There is frustration in that. I want to be in the parade."

And this encapsulates the entire problem.  You don't wave at the finish line before you win a ballgame. It's one day at a time, one game at a time. This tool took the keys to the castle because he thought it would be a breeze. But little did he know it would require work.  He showed his hand... that's amateur hour all day long.

Win... one day at a time... not all at once before it even got started. That's clown shit dude... rookie.


I leave you with this... hitting a dramatic home run in a series where we advanced to the World Series but lost anyway doesn't make you a baseball great.  All is does is provide a great moment in baseball history.  Remember this... while great, in the end we lost.  And we're losing again... Boone's just in the driver's seat this time.

Doomed I tell you... doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017