Monday, January 31, 2022

MLB GOT IT WRONG! BAN BELTRAN AND REINSTATE PETE ROSE!


I can't move on and accept that Carlos Beltran now works for YES Network. The Yankees look incredibly stupid right now and please tell me I am not the only one who sees the HYPOCRISY behind all of this....

If you are a baseball fan, you have an opinion on Pete Rose. Maybe you think his actions means he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame. Maybe, you do think he should be in the Hall of Fame because he made his choices as a manager and not a player. I get both sides. Personally, I believe Pete Rose the player deserves to be in the Hall.

And now I believe it even more. I can't stand that Beltran was the ringleader behind the ASSTROS 2017 cheating scandal and that his actions helped cheat his former team the Yankees out of a World Series. Hell, he did it to every team and he should be blackballed from this sport.


But NO, now he has a second chance to talk on tv about a game he supposedly loves but cheated in. And I can guarantee you that eventually his part-time analyst gig may get him another job as a manager or in some teams front office. This is just the start of him getting back to where he wants to be.

And it shouldn't be this way. Look what happened to Pete Rose! He was banned for life for betting on games and because he "potentially" impacted the outcomes on games but then there is Beltran who is back even though HE DID impact games. Such great logic by the idiotic MLB. Now I know what you are gonna say "you can't compare the two, times are different now" and yadda yadda yadda. Have our principles changed over time? Do we not still want a fair game? That hasn't changed at all. We still WANT fair games we just don't always GET fair games and the 2017 ASSTROS are proof.

So we BAN one guy for life and the other walks away and disappears for awhile only to reappear for a second chance from the team that once employed him, was good to him and then HE screwed US. He compromised the GAME that he supposedly loves. But baseball is ready to welcome him back with open arms starting with the Yankees.


It's infuriating! The hypocrisy runs deep here and I can't sit an watch it on YES and be okay with it. Baseball villainized Pete Rose....but Beltran is a rehabilitated analyst? It's a disgrace, and one I don't have to accept. I still love the Yankees, but that doesn't mean I have to watch my YES Network feed when Beltran the cheater is on the tv.

If Beltran deserves to be back in the baseball world so does Pete Rose. There's nothing anyone can say that would change my mind.


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you. You said it beautifully. MLB has screwed up and muddied the waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No justice in baseball. The steroid users were never punished and the Astros cheaters get rewarded with new jobs. What a farce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach on. Pete should have been reinstated years ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt you are spot on !I am a Yankees fan and a fan of baseball PUT PETE IN AND BELTRAN OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the Beltran part of what you said. Shame on him and whoever hired him and I am a huge Yankees fan. I would like to see Rose in the Hof but a lot of people are against it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I also don't think Ortiz should've been elected to the HOF, as he was alao a steroid user.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017