Thursday, September 23, 2021

THE UGLY TRUTH ABOUT AARON BOONE'S FUTURE


The final road trip begins. The most important stretch of the season is about to start tomorrow. The Yankees now have to play and win against the Red Sox and the Blue Jays if they have any chance to get a Wild Card Spot. The Yankees can't sit back and relax....but Aaron Boone isn't stressing at all. 

He should be though. We all have our gripes about Aaron Boone as a manager. I'm sure he's a nice person and once upon a time he hit an epic home run, but I don't think he is a good leader. He's not a good manager. The New York Post had an exclusive with Boone HERE, and I didn't like reading it. 

"I’m not worried about it," Boone told The Post when asked about his job status. "I’ll be fine no matter what happens."

I didn't like reading it because it is true. I don't have any ill will for Boone, but I don't want him to continue as manager. He will be fine no matter what happens, he has other options out there. He could go back to the booth or do something for another team. He'll be fine no matter what happens because his fate is already determined.


He knows he is safe. After all, Brian Cashman said before the 2021 season that he hoped for "10 more years with Boone" because we all know that Boone is Cashman's YES man. He does what Cashman wants, when he wants and how he wants it. He's not going anywhere....to break this cycle you gotta get rid of Cashman, but that's not my point here.

Even Jon Heyman believes Boone will be back next season, read more HERE. Or does he? He gives a real wish-washy answer.

"I think Cashman, no matter what happened, loves Boone and would want to keep him. That's my impression, it could be wrong," Heyman said. "If they don't make it, I'm with you, I wouldn't be shocked if they made a change. His contract is up. It's not good timing to not make the playoffs, you know, a team with that kind of a payroll."


Not good timing? Try terrible timing. Any other manager would be kicked to the curb. But this is Boone....he's Cashman's personal puppet and will play whatever roster Cashman designs (terribly). Analytics has their place in baseball, but that should be held to talent evaluation only. Analytics will NEVER replace a good manager who understands the game. Too bad Cashman doesn't understand that. 

If the Yankees fail to make the postseason what else needs to happen before Boone finally loses his job? Cashman too. He is just as much to blame since he came up with this flawed roster. It's not wrong to want change! 

I'm glad Boone will "be fine no matter what happens"....but I won't be fine, unless Boone and Cashman are gone.



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Senior Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj

1 comment:

  1. Since day 1 and Boone was hired
    I never thought he was the right man to manage the Yankees.
    Nearly 4 yrs later I feel even stronger that under Bonne tge Yankees will never win a damn thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017