Monday, June 14, 2021

AARON BOONE FINALLY SNAPS AND IT'S ABOUT TIME!


I just can't stomach losing anymore! Losing three in a row to the Phillies is just a disaster. Here we are now 8 1/2 games out of first place and our largest deficit we've faced since September 2018. I miss that winning feeling. Do the Yankees even WANT to remember that feeling? 

It's a fair question at this point because this team just doesn't play with heart. So when a reporter asked Aaron Boone today if the Yankees are used to losing things got a little heated. Boone the robot actually came to life and talked down to a reporter, it was unlike anything I have EVER seen from him before. 
"I don’t think there’s any getting used to fricking losing. Hell, no. Get the hell out of there with that!"
and I must admit, my jaw dropped. You can read more about it HERE. That's the first time I've heard a soundbite from him that I actually thought was useful!

I always find Boone's press conferences dry, full of crap and generally not useful. However, THAT line was the only line that I cared for because there was some raw emotion in it. FINALLY! Aaron Boone was pissed off ladies and gentlemen....now maybe it will trickle down.


MAYBE. One can only hope but I caught some player reactions after the game on television and Gio Urshela described the Yankees 7-0 loss yesterday as just "a bad day" and that only irritated me. The Yankees have had long streaks of bad days! We've lost SEVEN of our last NINE and 13 of our last 18. Does he remember what a good day looks like?! Does he want to? A good day is called a WIN and not sitting in fourth place in the middle of June. 

Boone also went on to say that the team needs to "step it up, period" and "we’re gonna find out what kind of character we’re made of. We're gonna find out what we're made of and if we're the team we think we are" but this is not a new concept to the fans, but maybe Boone. The 'step it up, period' should've come with Brian Cashman's ridiculous speech in April and we've been saying that the Yankees are a better team then this. We went from a favorite for the postseason to a bad punchline in a joke. 

The Yankees are unwatchable and it's a painful time to be a fan. Right now it looks like Hal Steinbrenner doesn't care enough, Brian Cashman doesn't know how to construct a winning team and Boone is just a bunch of babble and can't manage a team.


I'm not gonna lie....I miss Joe Girardi right now. It was embarrassing to lose to him this weekend. I can only imagine what he's thinking right now. I know what the Yankees are thinking....to them these are just "bad days" and better ones are coming but when? We've had far too many bad days. Now we need too many good days to make up for it and we don't look like we are capable.

When will the losers be tired of losing? When they aren't playing in the postseason? Or maybe when the team is picked apart including management? Or will they ever? We are all tired of waiting.



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017