Monday, February 22, 2021

REGGIE JACKSON IS LEAVING THE YANKEES - BUT WHY?!

Shocking news over the weekend (well at least for me) but Reggie Jackson will no longer be a special assistant to the Yankees. I can't really wrap my head around this one, but I will have to figure out HOW to since it's true.

The New York Post broke the news HERE yesterday. I can't imagine Mr. October NOT working for the Yankees because he has been so important within the organization. It will be weird not having Reggie around during Spring Training especially. It just seems surreal.

I am confused as to WHY he's moving on though because some of his comments contradict others. At first, he made it sound like it was just time to retire and obviously he's earned that. "I would say I’ve stepped back a little bit, taken my retirement, really," Jackson said. "I just think it’s time." There is nothing wrong with moving on and finding new passions. He even said he would like to participate in Old-Timer's day if we are able to have one this year. I'd like to see that happen if this pandemic finally calms down.

But maybe he has a different idea about retirement? Or maybe, he just wants to retire from the Yankees. "It’s just time to step back. I want to be around the game, and I want to contribute. I want to leave my knowledge. But it’s just time to move on." He still wants to be around the game, so the New York Post mentions finding other opportunities closer to his home in California, and possibly working for Astros owner Jim Crane, whom he is friendly with.


And this is where I become violently ill. If Reggie wants to retire then I say "Happy retirement" because he deserves it. I just can't stand the idea of Yankee legend Reggie Jackson working for the cheating ASSTROS because he has befriended their cheating owner.

I really hope this is just a poor fluff piece and not an actual possibility because I couldn't stomach Reggie working for the ASSTROS. There are other west coast teams, even ones in California.....just please not the cheaters.



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017