Thursday, December 3, 2020

THE YANKEES GAVE GARY SANCHEZ A BIRTHDAY PRESENT



It's called a JOB.

Well, Gary Sanchez can breathe a sigh of relief.....for now. Happy Birthday, Sanchez. Your birthday present from the Yankees is another chance to redeem yourself. I guess that means there was a bigger birthday bash but I hope he makes the most of his second chance.

I'm not really surprised that the Yankees didn't non-tender him. Since he has struggled he isn't going to be very expensive so the Yankees can keep him at a lower price and maybe someone will want to take a chance on him and they can trade him later. Plus, he's young. I didn't see the Yankees giving up on him YET and then risk him leaving to be successful somewhere else. Look at how long it took for the Yankees to finally give up on Greg Bird! That took a long time also.

I don't want to give up on Sanchez, but I'm not excited by much that I am seeing. Sure, the home runs are nice but he's "all or nothing" and too often he's nothing and his defense sucks. I want to be in his corner, but he's not making a good case for himself.


I'm not the only one who feels this way either, Ken Singleton also has concerns and even said "I don't know if Sanchez is salvageable. I hope so but Kyle Higashioka is so much better defensively," read more HERE. He's not wrong, Higashioka took his job. We didn't see Sanchez in the playoffs and that tells us a lot.

The Yankees have done everything they can to get Sanchez back on track, the even brought in a special coach to help him and he actually regressed both in offense and defense! If Sanchez wants to stay here, he needs to get himself right again....and I'm hoping that since he signed himself up to play in the Dominican Winter League that he can finally get it together.

I think the Yankees need to watch him closely and see if there is any improvement there at all. The Dominican Winter League is a very short 30-game season and it started November 14th. He's got very little time to make a good impression. 


Spring training is right around the corner....well usually it is. Who knows what will happen with this ongoing pandemic but by the time Spring Training gets underway they should know if they want to keep him or try to trade him.

So it looks like Sanchez is here to stay...for now.


  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017