Saturday, May 2, 2020

A PITCHER THAT YANKEES PICKED UP & I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT!


This whole pandemic has really gotten to me, and I have to tell you, BYB is surviving just fine, but with many home, many have to deal with more, be it family, home schooling and trying to deal with work as well.  In my own personal life, BYB takes a minor back seat as I try to re-adjust and get into a new routine. A good few months in I'm finally there.

Anyway, with everything going on, I didn't even realize that the Yankees had picked up Tony Zych, a righthander and an extra piece to their bullpen we would hope. This is a solid pitcher, dude!

NJ.com wrote this weeks and weeks ago:


"The Yankees added potential bullpen depth... and newcomer Tony Zych sure is intriguing...Pitching with Seattle from 2015-17, Zych threw in the high 90s and pitched to a 2.72 ERA with 80 strikeouts in 72 2/3 innings over 70 appearances, 69 as a reliever. He has a career 3.73 ERA over seven minor-league seasons from 2011-17."

Now depending on what happens with MLB this season, we will see what happens with Zych. He signed a minor league deal so we will just have to see. But look, as far as I'm concerned, extra arms is always a good idea.

Anyway, welcome Tony, sorry I missed the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017