Wednesday, March 18, 2020

NOTHING IN LIFE IS HANDED TO YOU. NO ONE KNOWS THAT MORE THAN TY HENSLEY


You know who gets up and continues up the mountain after years of setbacks? My Superhuman friend, Ty Hensley.

For my Bleeding Yankee Blue audience, you all know him. The tall lanky 2012 first round draft pick for the New York Yankees.


Back then, things were coming up roses.  Everything was working in his favor and it was like a dream come true. I mean, how could it not be... this is a kid that worked his tail off to get there, and now he was there, signed, and ready to one day pitch for the New York Yankees in front of a 50,000 crowd at Yankee stadium. Something that, when you hear my interview with him today, you'd think it was part of his path, mostly of course because of how he was raised.

"My mom and dad have always done an extremely good job of always pushing me outside my comfort zone.... before I do something, like anyone does, I always have this anxiety, excitement and then it finally gets there and says it's some sort of presentation or game or whatever it is, I have all this built up excitement, anxiety, whatever you call it. And then I get out there an I relish in it. I love it. I love that feeling."

Kudos to mom and dad.  And yes, after signing with that Yankees... that's when things started to change for Ty. I'm not saying his path was easy before that.


I'm saying he earned his spot, but in life, nothing is easy and that's when injury, setbacks took place.  But it's right then and there that you need to figure out as a person what you want out of life. Do you want to give up, go work in the local hardware store, or do you want to follow your dreams?

Ty chose his dream, because Ty was raised right. Perseverance is in this kid's DNA. That's what pro baseball teams saw early on. That's what the Yankees saw. That's what the Tampa Bay Rays saw. That's what the Utica Unicorns saw.... so much so that they took a chance on this now bigger, stronger kid from Oklahoma, and they won a USPBL Championship because of it.

And now, looking to make it back to the pros again, Ty has been working out like a mad man, like a true athlete with a dream. He'd back folks... there is no question.




Side note... as Ty is developing his new path, Bleeding Yankee Blue has been working toward our own. Slowly changing the way we deliver news and information. Sure, we will always be about writing for our audience first, but we have moved on to BYB Media. We are developing a podcast. A new, raw way so you can hear your favorites in their own words. We have only done 2, and both podcasts have been with Ty Hensley, but here's the thing... he's our guy. He's always been our guy.


We will have more interviews with many more people as we move forward, but as we have always said here at BYB.... we stick with the winners... and when you see a dude like Ty Hensley, you know he's something special. That's why we've never left his side at BYB. That's why we will always interview him on progress and updates for all of you. We are loyal.


So here it is, Podcast 2 of Ty Hensley as he gives us some updates on his curveball, wanting to go pro, his brother JR, Coronavirus... and a message to the BYB audience... "Keep Watching", he says... because trust me when I tell you, he is on a mission... again.... and this time he will make his dreams come true.

I do not doubt it.



Please give it a listen and please share. Love this kid and love his drive.

He's an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017