Sunday, March 29, 2020

HOUSTON IS IN DENIAL OVER ASTROS CHEATING SCANDAL


It's amazing how Houston still stands by their team. I mean, look, that Astros team are a bunch of losers, there is no question about it. But one thing we have never done in all of our time here at BYB when it came to the Astros Cheating Scandal is bashed the Astros fans for liking them.

This is baseball. You can celebrate being a fan any way you want. If anything, I have been blasting the Astros for disappointing everyone, and I have found a ton of sympathy for the Astros fans for being robbed by their heroes. After all... they were duped into thinking their ballclub was on the level. It turns out the Astros orchestrated a cheating operation that ran so deep that even their GM and Manager AJ Hinch had to get fired.


They were forced to pay a fine as an organization and for that I'm thankful, but to be honest it still wasn't enough.  And then of course came the lame apologies by the players, who, as we all know were not sincere and just did it because Rob Manfred asked them to.

But the baseball world was turned upside down because the cheaters got away with it, and of course for how Rob Manfred handled it.  But the Houston fans? They can root however they'd like. I respect that. I'd never attack them for that. Why should I? They're the victim here. They're the ones that got robbed.

Houston and it's fans don't see it that way however, and the attacks on me are alittle ridiculous and immature.  They don't know me. They don't know my family and they sure as hell are not intelligent to know how I truly stand on this Astros Cheating Scandal because THEY HAVEN'T READ A STITCH OF WHAT WE OUT HERE ON BYB. And so, let's review it again...maybe now the Astros fans are paying attention:

1. The Astros cheated. They need to be punished. In some cases, even banned from the game for life in my opinion.

2. The Astros fans got robbed. I'm sympathetic to their disappointment and they should do the right thing and express their disappointment to the Astros organization as a whole, not little me for not liking the Astros for robbing the fans.

3. The Astros players? They are followers. The got comfortable cheating and they ended up getting caught and as a baseball fan first, I find them all to be despicable and trash. Again... FANS CAN EXPRESS HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT PLAYERS AND TEAMS ALL THEY WANT. And so, that is what we're doing here at Bleeding Yankee Blue. It's what we've always done.

So why do I receive this? Venkat, I am now watching you like a hawk.

This guy blocked me after I told him I wouldn't engage with him. He was blasting the Yankees. Again, I'm on the fans side, I just think the Astros are bad people for what they did.



This is lovely. The person's identity has been removed because I don't want escalation. I get this stuff from time to time.


And this guy tried to tell me that the Yankees have been cheating for all 27 titles using steroids or something. I didn't even get it. But he's 17 and has 184 followers so I just put it here because it was kind of funny.



I'll tell you why. Maybe they're embarrassed. Maybe they're pissed that they were duped into thinking their team was something of importance. Doesn't matter, their behavior is over the line.  If a fan wants to rip a player a new one, that's fair game. When a fan wants to rip a journalist for an opinion and threaten his family or accuse that journalist, me, or abuse... that's when authorities need to be called.  Just so you know... you are not on blast.  You have now done what should never had been done... you crossed the line.



I leave you with this. This is the headline of today's Houston Chronicle, clearly an attempt to change the narrative and try to make their cheating team's tainted reputation into something of a rebirth of champions.  Here's the problem. You can't be a champion if you cheated your way to it in the first place, which isn't a baseball thing... it's a life thing. And that's my entire point.

I have said it since this scandal broke. The Astros are forever tainted and me as a fan can tell you that I will never look at them as talented players again.  I will always see CHEATERS and losers and guys that pulled the wool over the eyes of millions of fans so they could get a taste of victory on the big stage. The problem however is they manufactured it when all along, they could have won it legit with the talent they had.  And so, these days the Astros fall into the hell of taking their lumps and a Houston city trying to erase their bad and embarrassing past.

But that can never work.  Because where they go now... be it California, or Florida, Kansas City or the Bronx... they will be known as losers... cheaters... and not taken seriously.

Being a fan is an amazing thing.

You can root for your players and teams however you'd like.  But when you start attacking fans because you don't like their words... even threaten them and their family... that's where the line is drawn.  You lost site because you're probably too embarrassed to admit your team cheated you.

I'm sorry about that.  But don't take it out on me. Take it out on idiots like the Houston Astros and their organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017