Wednesday, February 5, 2020

CALLING OUT BAD BASEBALL PROPAGANDA


I hate bad information. That's why I get on "baseball insiders" because they look for clicks and their integrity goes out the window.  F them. F all of them. In this world of social media they are preying on the stupid people. or at least banking on you to be stupid. You know... you!  They want YOU to read the headline. They want you to click. They have muddied to waters of solid journalism and reporting and it's horseshit.


Case in point.  The Astros sign stealing scandal was huge... because it was true.  Sure, the Red Sox Apple story was true and interesting, but at the time when it was reported, you didn't see me screaming from the rooftops calling for the Red Sox heads because to be honest... I didn't get it, and many didn't.  With the Astros, it was a strategic operation that started at the top. And it was detailed and corroborated many times over. Jomboy did a great job helping shed light on it, but even he'll admit he didn't break any news on that, he just kept on it and delivering stuff to us all. That's good journalism.

Us here at Bleeding Yankee Blue just kept reporting the facts and dropping in our opinion on the disgusting matter and you know what? We stayed on it and we will continue as news trickles out because let's face it... while it's over, the Astros needs to feel the pressure and we will be there to provide that. The Astros should never be taken seriously again.

But through all of that, you had losers on Twitter writing about how the Yankee fans would get there's. They were tweeting about how the Yankees cheat too and we will soon have to eat our words.  I have news for you... 2 things I never do... I don't report falsehoods and I certainly don't know if the Yankees ever cheated.  What I do know right this second is they didn't have an organized technology operation that stole signs illegally.  And if they did... they need to take their lumps just like the Astros. Cheating is cheating and the whole thing is bullshit.

Think about it... you have grown men that have worked their butts off to get to the top of the game, and then these Astros assholes undo everything to cheat in the process? What's the point? The top players are all there... play your hardest and try and win. It's pretty simple.  OK... I'm rambling... What's my point? Oh yeah? Bad journalism and propaganda...


Yesterday was the day of Chris Young, a former Yankee and a misquote and back track by the crypt keeper himself, Peter Gammons who at this point in his career should just close the coffin because let's face it... it's over. This dude's a shill for the Red Sox and has been for years. He was so irresponsible yesterday, he put this out:
Now there are some people that take Gammons words as gospel, and those morons ran with it and old man Peter knows this. And so, when he was suddenly getting demolished by the Twitter world, he had to back track and with good reason... HE WAS LYING!

Now how does a one time well respected baseball man crawl back in his hole that quickly? I'll tell you how... he lies.

And this is the best... this Barstool toolbox Jared Carrabis (you should all unfollow him because he's the biggest propaganda machine out there) decided that... "I'm just gonna take Gammons original tweet and run with it all day even though it's not true"... and did because he has a Boston following.


Here's the problem... he thinks he's David Portnoy or something, but instead he's a Amish looking rapper who's lucky to be working at Barstool.   2 things I'd like to do, convince him to shave that ridiculous beard and then ask him to please get the story right.  This dude wrote garbage like this all day:

I guess if you say it enough... it's true. That's his motto.

I'm sure Carrabis is a good dude to some, but not me. It's horrible. Bottom line, when you're too close to it, you get lost. He got lost.  But the worst part of all this? These "journalists" and "baseball insiders" put this garbage out and God forbid anyone calls them out, they just don't care to clear it up and get their correction on the record. They just disappear or at least try to seem valuable to the platform their on:

My question was simple? Still quiet after you put out incorrect garbage? He deflects and acts like he's an influencer or something. No one cares, bro. No one. You Tweet for a living. Yikes! And look, this isn't about me being interested in anything these dudes have to say. This has to do with good journalism, facts, info that's real.

Social media has ruined it, folks. Yes, we'll try to keep it on track on Bleeding Yankee Blue, but listen... I can't sit quiet while self- proclaimed "important" people make up shit and run with it just to try and tarnish some dude or team because their team got butt hurt on real facts. Quite simply it just won't happen.

Read everything. If I can give you all one piece of advice it's this... READ EVERYTHING! Don't go jumping on every nugget out there, because I have news for you... it's probably fake or wrong.  And that's the problem with social media today. It's destroying what I love so much about journalism. Real stories.

Anyway... this is a rant and I'm sorry. Truth is... these guys are probably nice, normal folks. But they get lost in the social media world of popularity and clicks.  I personally don't care. I rarely use social media other than the share my stories. For all I know I'm using Twitter wrong. But I don't lose sleep over it... because it's not that important. You know what is? Being an honest reporter and story teller.

Thank you all for you support at BYB. Let's keep rolling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017