Monday, September 2, 2019

A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY THE YANKS ARE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH!


The Yankees don't have all their top players on this team right now.  They have a bunch of guys that were signed or called up to help while the "top" players healed. And this has been going on all freakin' season.

Early on I hated every bit of it. I still rooted hard and they all slowly impressed me. And while I was accused of not being a true Yankee fan (whatever that means), I never left my team behind. I just approached fandom in a different light when it came to my newly manufactured Yankees.  I'm glad I did... because if I put too much pressure on myself or on this team... and me being the superstitious one... I know I would have ruined some cosmic alignment of planets or something.


This team is so much fun!

Every game there's a different star.  A few days ago a guy like DJ LeMaheiu was hitless all game just to walk off the Yankees in monumental fashion and then yesterday, a dude named Mike Ford... who really has had a baseball journey of essentially NO highlights.... comes to the Yankees and becomes a superstar.


Not only all season... but yesterday in particular.

ANOTHER WALKOFF.
ANOTHER STAR.

I love what I see!

Our pal Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record writes:

"...As he came to bat next, “you’re not down (a run), thanks to Gardy for that,’ Ford said. 'It’s the same approach but just a little more relaxed.’


Jumping on a full-count delivery for his 10th homer of the year, Ford gave a little flip of the bat as he watched the ball sail into the Yankees bullpen in right-center field. 

'Didn’t even realize it until I saw the video,’ Ford said of casually tossing the bat aside. As for his latest Next-Man moment, 'the organization does a great job of preparing uns. 

'When we get our chance, we want to run with it.’"

This team plays to win. The chemistry is perfect. Dare I say, I have seen a ton of Yankee teams over the years. My favorite is the 1998 Yankees.  This however may be my new favorite.

Happy Labor Day everyone.

Go Yanks!


Shop for BYB Gear!

1 comment:

  1. Just think Ford hit a blast pinch hitting for Fazier who had a walk in 3 at bats and 2 ground outs.
    However both those balls smoked at 105 off the bat but right at someone.
    Not sure if I want Encarnation back might just mess up the chemistry and let's face it Hardy may not have the arm Hicks does but he sure plays a better CF.
    Not sure Voit is well his balls since getting hurt the first time are not screaming off his bat , that or pitching has figured him out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017