Tuesday, July 2, 2019

STERLING'S STREAK COMES TO AN END

Source: NY Post

Yankee radio announcer John Sterling has decided to take a vacation, the first one during the baseball season since 1989.  Sterling tells the media that he doesn't feel well and needs a break to regroup.

"Right now actually I'm a little under the weather, but I plan to broadcast the [Subway Series] games at Citi Field [on Tuesday and Wednesday] and then I'll take the weekend off and then All-Star break, so I'll have a week to get myself together," he said according to Sports Illustrated.


Good for you, John.  As much as my son and I love to listen to you because of your authenticity and love of the game, everyone deserves a break.  When I feel down in the dumps, or I am having a challenging day, I tune into John Sterling because he instantly makes me feel better.  When I am out on a run or in the midst of a long commute, I know that John Sterling and the Yankees can pick me up and motivate me to just keep going.

Source: NY Magazine

According to Sports Illustrated, "ESPN and YES Network broadcaster Ruan Ruocco will replace Sterling during the Yankees' four-game stint against the Rays. Suzyn Waldman, Sterling's longtime radio partner, will work with Ruocco during his absence."

Sterling is expected to be at the microphone when the Yankees head back to the Stadium for a 10-game home stand after the All Star Break.




--Suzie Pinstripe
BYB Managing Editor
Twitter: @suzieprof




Shop BYB



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017